Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little fun in the sun... sunny
does a man good! Hello all! I'm back from my Caribbean Cruise vacation.
On Saturday morning...I was snapping photos of wild alligators in the sunny Florida Everglades from an airboat. Saturday night I was shoveling a spot on my driveway to unload my suitcases! Just isn't fair.

Awesome vacation, everything went well. Being a huge Jimmy Buffett fan, I made a trip to Margaritaville, Jamaica. Fun place! Now it's back to reality.

Any other cruisers out there? I'm already planning the next one to Hawaii! Nothing like the sound of the sea!

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all!

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Go ahead and rub it in Pete
, glad to have ya back. I've been in and out on short trips and will be rolling out of state for 10 days in January. Gotta keep them tires warm on the ole Outback...

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vern. The tires on my OUTBACK are anything but warm! Snow storms comin' soon!

·
Registered
266 Posts
NDJolley...My wife , daughter, and I have been on 2 cruises, Eastern Carribean and Alaska. To me, crusing is the perfect vacation (besides camping of course)!!
Hope to go on another soon. Alaska is beautiful, but my idea of cruise is walking around on deck in shorts and tshirts enjoying the sun.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Djd...
I love cruising...and love to talk about cruising! I have written reviews, and pictures posted if you are interested...just let me know.

We have done Western Caribbean twice now, and did a 10 day Eastern/Southern Caribbean. The next one is going to be Hawaii. I will make the Alaska voyage someday, but LOVE the Caribbean island thing.

What line and ships have you taken?

We prefer Royal Caribbean, but Princess is great too. We took:

RCI - Enchantment of the Seas
Princess - Ocean Princess
RCI - Navigator of the Seas

Funnnnnnnnn!

·
Registered
266 Posts
ND, Both cruises were company sponsored by the company my wife used to work for. They were both on Holland America and we had the same ship each time, the Westerdam. It's an older ship and Holland America caters to an older crowd, so if I was booking for myself I probably would not go with Holland America again. The ship was very nice as was the service and the food was outstanding, but after seeing some of these newer ships......welllll!!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,020 Posts
Can you tell it’s winter? I’m reading old posts…LOL

DH and I went on a cruise for our 20th Anniversary (3 ½ years ago)
We sailed Royal Caribbean - Adventure of the Seas. Southern Caribbean.
Fantastic! This ship was amazing!

You guys must have had some slow dial-up in 2003…
I have no idea how you ever got you post count up so high
with only 5 replies to a topic.

Camp-On…(Sail-On)
MaeJae

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,684 Posts
Oh the fun your having bringing up all these old posts. You notice threds did not get as big until Doug and Oregon Camper came along.

Jeff
Now that's FUNNY

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhhhh. Memory lane.
Hate to say it but...I'm going cruising again in 34 days!
It's like OUTBACKIN' on the Seas! (good name for a ship...by the way)

Yes...you can tell I've EARNED my post count!

·
Administrator
18,056 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time Pete.

Only 34 more days until the next one? WOW!! After our trip to Jamaica, my next trip counter is normally around 350 days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts