Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Outbackers:

I am a new member to this forum and I would like to identify myself. My wife and I have been camping for over 40 years and have owned a number of different rigs. We have gone up and down the scale from tents to pop-ups to TT's and a fifth wheel. We now own an 2002 Outback 23FBS hauled by a 2002 Ford Explorer (and yes, it is within weights limits and hauls like a dream) . As many have said it is a nice rig with a good layout. It is, in many ways, perfect for our family of 2 adults and 2 Cocker Spaniels.

We live in Nova Scotia, Canada and camp mainly in the NorthEast sectors of both Canada and the United States. Last year we took a three week summer trip that included stops in Maine, New York state, Gettysburg, Washington D.C. and Williamsburg Va. On the way back home, we stopped in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Other than that we have stayed relatively close to home with extended weekend trips.

After one and a half camping seasons, I can agree with many of the comments and complaints of other Outback owners - Great looks and design, lousy quality control and follow-up. java script:emoticon('action')
smilie We had a litany of major and minor complaints that have been addressed (I hope) by our dealer. We have had leaks from the trailer side of the water hook-up connection, leaks around the rear side window, leaks around the tub area in the bathroom and a minor leak above the slide-out. The Coleman AC unit stopped working in the heat of the summer in Virginia and it took several stops in several states to find someone to repair it. (apparently there is a reset problem that involves getting into the wiring and physically breaking and re-making a hard-wired connection in the low voltage circuit). There have been many other problems with the unit that fall under the category of poor construction (for example having a pot fall down on top of the water tank due to an opening on the storage shelf). Hopefully, the upcoming camping season will be less troublesome than the last.

It has been a cruel month in our part of the world. We set records for low temperatures and had an extended period where the thermometer dipped to -40 with the wind chill (It doesn't matter if you are in Celcius or Farenheit - at that temperature thay are both the same, GD cold) However, this weekend was the annual trailer show in Halifax and we toured (and drooled at) the new rigs. Can spring be far behind?????

Best regards,
Bopper action action

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Bopper...
Welcome to OUTBACKERS! Thanks for sharing some of your experiences. I hear you about the record cold, as we have also set reset the LOWEST EVER TEMPERATURE for ND this year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts