Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased an 04 21RS. We are long time campers, owning a Starcraft and then a Jayco pop up. After going through a bad storm and too many trips at night to the bathhouse, we decided it was time to move up to a TT. Our story is similar to the forums I have read in that we were also looking at the Jayco (Kiwi/JFeather) but once we viewed the Outback it was a no brainer. We will be taking our first trip in a couple of weeks with our 3 children 15, 12, and 10 and our new basset Buddy. We have just recently flushed out the system of antifreeze and went through a systems check. There is so much to learn with the water system. We think we have remembered most everything that we were shown when the TT was delivered. However, we are a little puzzled with the water heater. If someone could help us out, we would like to know how it works in general. How to drain, do you have to use the fresh water tank, how to fill it. I hope our fellow outbackers will forgive our ignorance and assist us. We just don't want to make any mistakes. The owners manuel has been our only fault with our TT. It doens't do a very good job in explanations. In hindsight, I wish we had videoed the walk through when we picked up the TT.

We are looking forward to hearing from our Outback family.
Thanks
Gina

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome to OUTBACKERS!

Your water heater will fill up when you run your pump, or when you hook up your hose to the side. (open a hot water tap until water runs out) (as long as the bypass knobs from winterization are turned back to normal position)

It operates either on electric or gas. There is probably a wall switch for both on your unit. Mine has an electric switch on the heater itself.

During storage, you can just pull the plastic plug out to drain (outside water heater compartment).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info NDJollyMon
. That will help a lot!

Also a big thanks to markel for taking the time to go in to such detail explaining the hot water system. We sure appreciate it. We will be going to the Smokies in a week on our first trip in our Outback. Needless to say, we are extremely excited!
We will let you know how things go on our return home to Kentucky.

Thanks again to you both.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Gina Ford said:
I hope our fellow outbackers will forgive our ignorance and assist us. We just don't want to make any mistakes.
This forum was created for the exact reason you posted. There are a bunch of great folks here that are always willing to help out. Never hesitate to post your questions here.

We are you from in Kentucky? I work in Louisville and live across the river in IN.

Camping will be a whole different experience with a TT. We moved from a pop-up to our Outback last summer.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the encouragement DC. We are approxiamtely 4 hours away from Louisville. We live in the eastern most county, Pike. I am a middle school teacher and our academic team just came back from Louisville last night where they were in the state academic competition. My husband is a high school teacher and we usually get to Lville the week of Thanksgiving for a special education conference at the Galt House. We have driven over to Indiana and shopped at a mall, can't remember the name of it. It had a carnival type atmosphere on one floor if I remember correctly.

I am sure we will love the new experience the TT brings. I sure hope the weather will not be to bad at the end of the month. We ususally go to Myrtle but decided since this was the first time out in the new TT that we would go a little closer to home.. I will make a post after we return to let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks again
!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts