Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been tent camping for years and have finally decided to "upgrade". It has become more a convenience factor for us as we now have 2 boys (5 and 14 months) and are contemplating going for a third child in the family. My wife says she just can't handle pregnancy and tent camping anymore. We looked for over a year to find the bunk room set-up we like and was still light enough to pull with my 1996 GMC 1500 (I can't bear to part with this truck yet since it has only 57,000 miles on it and no major repairs).

We can't wait to start using our new purchase in the spring....any advice on what to look for when we take delivery would be greatly appreciated! We are also new to Massachusetts as my employer relocated us here back in February from Walnut Creek, California (In the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Area)....so any advice on great camping sites in the New England area would also be appreciated.

Steve Kiewiet

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum skieiwet, glad to have you aboard (Walnut Creek, California) I have an aunt and uncle that live there and 1 cousin that lives in Concord. Maybe one day soon well make it up that way.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome Steve!

When you are taking delivery, give it a really close inspection. Look for any defect or non-working appliance you can find. Test everything. There are some good pre-delivery inspection forms on these forums. The dealer should jump through hoops to make things right for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome, hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. We have the 28 BHS and the bunks are great for kids. I didn't want to make and tear down a bed every day. We love it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
HI STEVE WE LIKE YOU HAD BEEN TENT CAMPING FOR YEARS (10). WE WENT OUT SEARCHING & STUMBLED ONTO OUR OUTBACKAND EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FROM THEN COMPARED TO THAT UNIT. OURS IS A 21RS NOT EXACTLY THE BIGGEST IN THE MARKET BUT IT FIT OUR NEEDS AND IT FIT IN WITH WHAT WE COULD PULL. DO CHECK IT OVER THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU PICK IT UP. OURS HAD WAVES IN THE RUBBER ROOF THE SIZE OF A MAN'S ARM . ALSO CHECK FOR WATER LEAKS AT ALL DOORS AND WINDOWS -----HAD LOTS OF THOSE.STILL I LOVE OUR OUTBACKAND WOULDN'T TRADE FOR ANYTHING ELSE. WE GET LOTS OF LOOKS AND COMPLIMENTS WHEN WE GO CAMPING. HOPE YOU ARE AS SATISFIED AS WE ARE action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts