Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
action Hi everyone, cant wait to take our new 21RS out of the driveway and do some real camping in it.
This is our first TT after 3 pop-ups. It seems a bit overwhelming with all the maintenance, but I think with the help of other more experienced campers we are up to the challenge.
Are there any glaring things to watch for? Will be cheking back often to let you know how we are doing and check for any suggestions. JMH

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Hello,

We have the 21rs too and have been very happy with it. I just winterized it yesterday and covered it up for storage until spring.

The maintenance isn't too bad. I've found if I just stay on top of it, it doesn't pile up and become overwhelming. I try and wash it 3 times per season, I start on the roof and check all the sealants while I'm up there. I take the black streak remover and get the bugs and streaks off as I wash as well as give the outside a good looking over as I go. I try to take care of any basic maintenance while we're out and fix things that break as they pop up. I love to tinker and we treat this as our second home, which just needs a little maintenance to keep things top notch.

Look at it as being part of the fun of rv'ing.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
WElcome to the forum JMH712, don't worry youll get the hang if it. Like camping479 says just stay on top if it and things will be ok.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome to Outbackers!

I think you will like it here. So many helpful people. I think doing maintenance is a good part of the fun in ownership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts