Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new and thought I'd post my most recent experience. In early May I took my 2002 28BHS out of storage and when I opened the door I found that the linoleum was split open for about 3 feet. It is the fake wood floor looking linoleum. My dealer didn't know what to do other than offer to replace it at my cost. I asked for Keystones number and was informed that Armstrong has admitted that the flooring is defective and that they have extended the flooring warranty 2 years. This is of course a big secret as the dealer knows nothing about the issue. I bought in February 2002 so they are telling me I'm outside of warranty. However, they are trying to get me covered (going on 8 days waiting). I live in Chicago so the trailer was in storage from November through May. I'm going to contact a lawyer if it isn't covered. I've had slide electronics replaced, bumper fell off, propane cover blew off, awning supports cracked, fenders have cracked, etc......etc.... It is never ends.. I love the camper but the quality stinks!

2001 Ford F150 Super Crew 4.6 L
2002 28BHS

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome to OUTBACKERS. Thanks for sharing your info. Good to know. I think some of the issues are still remaining in the OUTBACKS. My 2003 still has some leaks, and I also noticed a cracked fender. I'm sure it's because the fender supports are not attached, and they wiggle while under way.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
How about your dealer? Are they going to do it for you or at least help out some? If they want your repeat business I'd let them know you're waiting for their help too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts