Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
505 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just discovered this site and it's great! Bought 21RS last May and travelled 5600 miles in three weeks from Atlanta to Grand Canyon and back via New Orleans for the Fourth. Myself, wife, two kids (10 and 13) two dobermans and a full Yakima Rocket Box!

Had a great time, few issues, a little rain and lots of new experiences for the kids!

Thanks for the great posts, come on down to Atlanta and Lake Lanier!

Dave D.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome Dave
I'll be coming to Atlanta in March for the race. We'll be staying at the Atlanta South RV Resort. The sites look small on their web site but, that beats staying at the race track at 90 dollars a night with no hook ups.
I'm a little worried about the traffic on I-85 Going into Atlanta because if your not running 90 mph people tend to get road rage. I hear lake Lanier is nice, we'll have to check it out this year.That is if I can tear my better half off Lake Hartwell, Lake Russell, or Clarks Hill. Talk to ya later.
Wood

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hello Dave,
Welcome to Outbackers. Sounds like a great trip you took. Wife and I bought the 21RS last July. Haven't logged quite that many miles yet. Good to here from another Outbacker. Happy travels.

·
Outbackers Contributor
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NDJollymon,

Camping around the Grand Canyon was a new experience...we stayed in Williams and rode the Steam Train to GC. A great experience.

It was hot, so we found a kennel near the train station for the dogs in Williams.

We might try the Trailer Village at GC next time, we only stayed 2 days, then off to southern AZ, Karchner Caverns, Tombstone, Bisbee, etc.

Outbackgeorgia

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Welcome Dave, look forward to hearing about how your trips went and what you've learned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts