Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixture Wood Floor Flooring Handle
Wood Tints and shades Fixture Metal Beige

The 2 pics above are from a shower curtain setup I saw in a new Forest River product at the RV show here in January. I done a bit of research to see how to obtain this, and below is what I came up with and already posted on D&T earlier. I'm trying to get a feel for how many are interested in case the company throws us a bone. It's late, so I'm just gonna copy and paste my other post, so read it accordingly. I think this would definitely be a great solution, if it can be priced to compete with the pleated shower doors. It is curved to give the added room and has a magnetic seal where it meets the track on the side when closed, If I recall correctly, there's also a bottom track attached at the tub. It would be a great solution if the company can come up with a way to sell to us as a group or individually. It would also help if they could visit these forums and see that there's an interest, so a little commentary on the thread would help as well.

My post from D&T:

Okay guys, just looked up the manufacturer of the system I posted pics of Shower Enclosures of America http://www.seamerica.com/. I found them by going here http://www.praxisgroupllc.com/ShowerDoors.html. They say they are looking into making it available to the public, but right now they just supply the manufacturers. I gave him this forum name, and OBers to keep us updated. I told him that this is what everyone is looking for, and that I was going to post their information, so that everyone with interest can drop them a call or an email, in hopes of speeding up the process. I encourage all to join in on this campaign and maybe post this info on other forums, and maybe they will do something for us. I truly believe this is the solution we've all been waiting on.

The number I dialed was 1-800-536-7324 ext. 3110. I spoke with a guy named Traico. I think calls and emails might work great. I just left a voicemail to see if we could do some sort of a bulk order, and either send them a bundle of preaddressed shipping labels, or take the responsibility of distribution up ourselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see several people have viewed this, but no one has replied. I spoke with Traico again today, and he said he's going to sell me one, since I've been persistent, and that they have been discussing getting this available to people in the past weeks since I contacted them. They make several sizes, so I have to give him the exact size so that he can get me a price. For example, they have widths of 31 3/4", 35 1/4", 35 3/4", 37 3/4". He said that for that reason, it would be hard for him to do a bulk sale with me, as the next guy's width might be different than mine, and thus the pricing would be different for each different size. The heights were 57" and 64". I'd advise anyone interested to get a precise measurement, though I'd imagine most of us with the full rv tub would need the 35 3/4" x 57", which I'm pretty sure is what I'll need. Wifey measured for me, but I'm gonna double check it before I give it to Traico. Also, it comes in the finish in the pics, and in an oil rubbed bronze, which is what the coat hooks in the newer Outbacks are. You can see the other finish in the pics on the Praxis link.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm interested. My wife and I were just talking about how to make the shower useable. Right now we store towels and stuff in there. This looks like a great solution. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke with him Friday after I got home and confirmed my measurements, which was exactly 35 1/4". He said that the 35 1/4" is just a prototype and the 35 3/4" is actual production. If you look at the pics I posted, you will see that the outside edges of the shower surround is raised, as is mine. He says that there's adjustabilty/tolerance in the system, and the system screws together, so I'm not really concerned about it fitting. I can't imagine the tubs and surrounds coming in various sizes within fractions of an inch of each other. He was going to take my dimensions to their tech department and get back with me Monday, on pricing. So, I guess tomorrow will be the day to find out price, and hopefully get it ordered.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Seriously? I have been calling and emailing this company for over a year and was told that they are not selling to the general public. They said they were still in the planning mode and would contact me when there were for sale.

Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not get a hold of Traico today, but will update here as soon as I do. I think the biggest issue right now is that they are not setup for cash/credit card/paypal transacting with the general public.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$104 + UPS ground shipping, should ship this week.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$104 + UPS ground shipping, should ship this week.
Would it ship to my house? How do I find out how much shipping is? Do you need measurements?
[/quote]

You would have to contact them directly. You will need your measurements, and I'm sure that shipping can be calculated once he knows where he's shipping to. He told me he'll email me once he has everything arranged, but the units aren't packaged for retail. He's going to pull one from production and either have them package and ship it, or send it to him so he can do it. He has all of my shipping and credit card info, so I'm just waiting for tracking info. When I get that or the email, then I should be able to share the shipping cost with everyone.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any shipping information yet?

Just called and left a message for Triaco as well.
I just spoke with him. He says he's not gotten some internal faxes, so he didn't have shipping info for me, and could only confirm that it did ship on Friday. Indiana's not far from St. Louis, so hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow or Wednesday.

·
Registered
94 Posts
After speaking with Triaco, I went and measured our tub. Here's my issue and I wanted to check and see if you had a similar one. Our shower surround does not go up the 57" he said the system height is. The surround stops about 2 inches below at approx 55". The opening at the 57" height is 36" (which is one of the two systems he is currently offering 36" or 40" width).

So to install the system, I would be starting on bare wall and then after 2" then be on the shower surround, which is approx a 1/4" difference.

Is this how you plan on installing it as well or does your shower surround go up to the 57" height?

Thanks!

·
Registered
449 Posts
After speaking with Triaco, I went and measured our tub. Here's my issue and I wanted to check and see if you had a similar one. Our shower surround does not go up the 57" he said the system height is. The surround stops about 2 inches below at approx 55". The opening at the 57" height is 36" (which is one of the two systems he is currently offering 36" or 40" width).

So to install the system, I would be starting on bare wall and then after 2" then be on the shower surround, which is approx a 1/4" difference.

Is this how you plan on installing it as well or does your shower surround go up to the 57" height?

Thanks!
Just ran out and took this pic for you. Temperature Human body Measuring instrument Thermometer Household thermometer

The side rails should mount to the raised edge of the shower surround. It will sit on the tub and I plan on just making my top screw in the side track fall on the tub surround, and not worry about the small gap between the track and the wall. There shouldn't be any water up there that will be of concern. The gap should be higher than the shower head.

Also, I just got the shipping info. It actually didn't ship out Friday as I was told, but shipped/ships out today. UPS tracking # was received minutes ago and is in their system, and shipping cost is $17.02, making it a total of $121.02.

EDIT:
UPS shows me getting it Wednesday. I'll try to install it and post pics then.

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, I will look forward to the pics. Ordered today.
UPS tracking shows it as delivered, so tune in later.......I don't expect to not have it installed today.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's installed, I'm at my max on here as far as pics, so either click the link in my sig to see the pics or go over to the other site to see them there. I'll add commentary as I get a chance, I'm just trying to get the pics to you that have been waiting. Very easy install.

Edit:
Finished....it was really easy (tape measure, drill and hacksaw), directions were good, and it's a great looking product. I only had to cut 2 pieces, the top rail and the bottom track. The brown is really dark, as dark as the vinyl trim that's around the inside of the entry doors and dinette. Pics are updated in both locations I mentioned. I'll have to figure out how to do something different with photos over here, it seems as if I have to deleted some which would make them no longer be in the posts where people would be expecting to see them.

Edit:
Fixture Plumbing fixture Bathroom cabinet Purple Window
Automotive tire Grey Wood Vehicle door Fender
Wood Shade Floor Flooring Wood stain
Door Wood Fixture Floor Wood stain
Brown Wood Door Flooring Wood stain
Wood Rectangle Flooring Wood stain Hardwood

Attachments

1 - 20 of 103 Posts