Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
Been reading the forum for a while and decided to join...we just ordered our 04 21rs this week! We are totally new to rving. It took us approximately one year to get here. Tons of research later, we first bought a tow vehicle, went to a zillion rv shows, talk to a zillion sales rep (not helpful of course) and visited many forums. We were down to the Frontier 2205 and the outback and decided with the outback (I thought it was way more attractive, but I really liked the Frontier floor plan better. ) Bottom line: the outback people were way more negotioable and they had a top rated service department. So we sacrificed floor plan for service. But I do think we did the right thing. We got the whole package for under 17K including tow stuff. After reading here and checking with rv wholesalers we felt we had a good deal. We are very excited but nervous. That whole thread on dumping got me a little anxious...hope it's not too complicated! The modifications are very helpful. Now we need to figure out where to store it and our first trip. Can't wait!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome to Outbackers and to RV'ing.

I don't say this because you decided on the Ouback, but I think you made the right decesion. Having a good service department is very very very important and I would choose that over a slight difference in floor plan any day.

I remember being in your shoes last summer when we got our Outback. It is the first TT I have ever owned and I was a bit worried about towing and just the daily operation but my dealer was very helpful in both areas. They allowed one of their techs to go out with me on a test tow. This guy had been towing TT's and trailers for years and was a big help. My dealer also gave me a 800 number to call if I was having any trouble at the campsite. My camping buddies were also very helpful. Don't forget to ask your neighbors at the campsite for help. Your fellow campers can be some of the nicest folks around. Oh, by the way, dumping is a piece of cake really.

I remember the day before we picked up our new unit I was so exicited I had trouble sleeping. I was like a little kid.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome to OUTBACKERS!

You will love RVing. We started in a tents, then moved into a tent trailer, and up to the OUTBACK.

Feel free to ask any questions you have, even if you think they are dumb. When you are starting out, there is a lot to learn, so don't be afraid to ask. There are a lot of VERY HELPFUL and nice folks on this forum.

CamperDC...I remember that feeling! I still get excited when the snow starts to melt!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello Wakeup1,

We just got our new 2004 21RS last week and love it. You made a great choice in the Outback I think. We are still tinkering with it to figure things out and once in awhile we find something we did not realize about it. We set it up in the driveway and even had a few people stopping to look that we did not even know and wanted to take a look. We also paid about 16.5k (incl. towing stuff & tax) so your is not to bad. I tried calling dealers in surronding states and they all were starting at 17k and wouldn't even really negotiate over the phone with me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for all your tips and encouragement. Keep you all posted when we do our first run!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts