Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2019 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend we took our Outback 240URS out for the first time since we finished a long trip in early July. Upon arrival we found that two of the three water sources in the bathroom, the sink and the toilet, produced only a dribble of water, while the shower/tub worked fine.

It appears that the water for the sink and toilet comes from pex lines that run back under the shower/tub. I've included some pictures below of the bathroom and of under the bathroom since. In the last picture the 409 bottle is in from of the T in the line which feeds the toilet it's water.

I previously removed the white cover which provides access to under the tub on the side of the tub but I can only see some pex and a bit of heating vent tubing behind it. We also have a kitchen sink and an outdoor shower and both of them are working fine.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

· Super Moderator
2,208 Posts
The blue and red lines are cold and hot, respectively. Are you having issues with the hot water on the sink faucet? If you are, then check the strainer on the faucet first. It's the easiest thing to check. There may be plastic shavings from when the pex was fitted that has clogged it up. Shavings could also have clogged up your toilet valve. If clearing the faucet strainer worked for the sink, then you may need to disconnect the supply line at the toilet to see if there are shavings there too. If that isn't it and both the hot and cold are only dribbling, you have bigger problems. The lines must be kinked somewhere. The only access is through the white panel on the front of the tub.

The white line coming through the exterior wall with the black plastic piece on it is your black tank sprayer. It should come through the wall, then go up to the bottom of the sink but not connect to the faucet. There should be a vacuum breaker on it there and then it heads back down through the side of the cabinet and to the black tank. That one should have nothing to do with your problem.

Reactions: beernutzbob

· Registered
2019 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The blue and red lines are cold and hot, respectively. Are you having issues with the hot water on the sink faucet? If you are, then check the strainer on the faucet first. It's the easiest thing to check. There may be plastic shavings from when the pex was fitted that has clogged it up. Shavings could also have clogged up your toilet valve. If clearing the faucet strainer worked for the sink, then you may need to disconnect the supply line at the toilet to see if there are shavings there too. If that isn't it and both the hot and cold are only dribbling, you have bigger problems. The lines must be kinked somewhere. The only access is through the white panel on the front of the tub.

The white line coming through the exterior wall with the black plastic piece on it is your black tank sprayer. It should come through the wall, then go up to the bottom of the sink but not connect to the faucet. There should be a vacuum breaker on it there and then it heads back down through the side of the cabinet and to the black tank. That one should have nothing to do with your problem.
Thanks. I'm heading over to the trailer lot today to do some troubleshooting and I appreciate the info and suggestions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts