Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I remember so well why I started Outbackers.com. I'm a member of several other forums and tonight I decided to see what was going on at the old stomping grounds. Man what a surprise, it was like going to a Pit Bull Fight
nothing civil at all could be said
. There was no type of Admin or Moderator intervention in the whole mess and needless to say there were a lot of bad feelings and even a business hurt over the whole mess. I am VERY HAPPY to say we have a really great group of folks here and I'm not going back to that other mess again. I will say this, If I ever see any thing like that here the IP Address of the person will be blocked at the server, in other words totally cut off. I'm proud to be among-st great folks, keep on Outbacking

Vern

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Vern I'd agree, I greatly appreciate the folks here and the civility. One of the other BIG boards just gets nasty after a while. Thanks for the forum. If you never need to pass around the hat to help out please let me know.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Gotta agree whole heartedly Vern. I'm a moderator on a busy car enthusiast board and we are kung-fu fighting to keep the peace most of the time. It's a pleasure to come here and enjoy the friendly and helpfull people who are in virtually no need of moderating

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Amen sister!! The free flow of info and opinion without hurtfulness is great.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Thanks Vern...

As a MODERATOR, I haven't had to step on anyone yet. I fully expect it, but it just doesn't happen. With the advent of new members each day, the day will come I'm sure. So far, everyone is being just great!

Thanks to everyone for being helpful, civil, and sharing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GREAT PLACE!!! I enjoy looking and reading at what others have without having to listen ILL attitudes towards others. Great column. Keep up the good work Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,212 Posts
I have to agree that this is a great forum. On some, it seems folks don't say anything unless it is negative. They bash businesses, other members, trailer brands etc. Keep up the good work!

Karen, John, Bo & Tristan (the collies)
28RLS

·
Registered
366 Posts
Some people just don't seem to be able to moderate themselves

I really like what I have been able to see of this forum and appreciate the fact that it is moderated.
Thanks Vern!

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way...if Vern38 is the founder, who is member #1?
#1 is Outbacke the default Admin account setup by yours truly vern38
I guess you could say we are the same person...
Thanks for the kind words Paul and keep on Outbacking...

Vern

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Just got to throw my 2 cents in as well. I been haunting this site now for a month and it's been a real pleasure. Has the same warm feeling of being in a friendly campground.

To Vern and all the moderators, many thanks. You all do a great job and provide a wonderful forum for us to share our stories and ideas. Keep up the good work and if we can ever be of any help please let us know.

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Thanks to everyone. It is like one big friendly and helpful campground!
I look forward to see all the posts everyday. Sometimes, more often than I should!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for everyones hard work in making this site possible.

I am really impressed at the professionalism and hospitality.

I have yet to purchase my Outback 26RS

I can say because of the feedback I have seen, I have made my mind up to purchase one this next year.

Thanks again especially to Vern38! - Nice Job

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Welcome Gowin7, and you'll love the 26RS.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Welcome Go!
Looks like another firefighter among us! (We love 'dem ffs!)
Get your order in early...looks like there may be a 12 week wait at some dealers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes you guys are right in with other forums. I really like this one helpfull not critical
Sometimes people think they can just say anything because there on the net and hide behind there comp. My wife and were just looking for place to talk with other rv owners and mabey learn something. We allready have gotten great Ideals for new mods. And we've only had our camper 2 weeks

Thanks I hope things stay as great as they are now.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
TennTravelers I couldn't agree more the sense of community is what makes the Outbackers so much fun and keeps me coming back daily.

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
I too, have always enjoyed our forum. I have always felt we have had a "family atomsphere". But I guess families do have difference of opinions. From now on, I will keep my opinions to myself about campgrounds I think are wonderful. I understand there are many different campgrounds to suit all different needs. Just didn't think I would be "put down" for my opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Golden Mom said:
I too, have always enjoyed our forum. I have always felt we have had a "family atomsphere". But I guess families do have difference of opinions. From now on, I will keep my opinions to myself about campgrounds I think are wonderful. I understand there are many different campgrounds to suit all different needs. Just didn't think I would be "put down" for my opinion.
[snapback]17470[/snapback]​
Golden - Had not seen many put downs, sorry to hear about you being flamed. I looked to see what was said but could not find it. How long ago did it happen?

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn’t see the post either. Could you post a link to where it is please? I'd like to see what it said and who it was.

Vern

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Vern,
I sent you a PM.

Thanks! sunny

1 - 20 of 33 Posts