Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

We just got back from our maiden voyage in the new Outback! We had a great time - and our new baby served us well!! We've had reservations at Bethpage Camp Resort in Urbanna, VA since last Memorial Day. They celebrate right!! They brought in the carnival, had a D.J. on the beach Saturday night and a live band last night. We went on a hayride and even went crabbing! We only caught a few crabs but the kids HAD to bring them back and cook 'em. We did it on the exterior cooker....no crab smell inside!!! THat cooker was/is awesome! In fact, we did all of the cooking on it! It was VERY level thanks to the turnbuckles!!

Only 8 more days and we're Orlando bound!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,212 Posts
Glad the shakedown cruise went well. Sounds like lots of fun, and most of all, no problems! Enjoy your vacation to Orlando!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We too have just gotten back from our maiden voyage. We were supposed to just be gone a days to work out any kinks before our big month-long trip in a few weeks. However, a few days turned in to nearly two weeks. Tannehill Historical Park, outside of Birmingham and about a 25-minute ride for us, is a great park for family, especially if you like riding bikes and hiking. We dicided to come home today as it is raining all day. It wouldn't have mattered. Our three boys love the bunk house. That leaves plenty of room for us to relax. We are, indeed, some happy campers!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hey BigMomma,

We were at Bethpage too over the Memorial day weekend. We had a great time with all the activities.

That must have been your Outback fiver I kept admiring when I walked by. The wife really wanted t check it out.

Bethpage is a neat place but is golf cart crazy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Our maiden voyage was a soaker (3 inches or rain) but we stayed nice and dry inside our Outback! No leaks or drips in the interior. We did find that the bathroom fan was running backwards and the canopy dripped outside at a seam of the rain gutter. I reversed the wires on the exhaust fan. Fixed. I put some GOOP sealer on the rain gutter. Fixed.

All in all a good shake down cruise!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jgerni:

You shoulda let the wife take a look see!! It would have been neat to meet other "Outbackers"! If you saw me walking our little bity Yorkie, I'm sure we met - cause every camper there had to stop and meet her!!
Next time you see us, stop in and say hello!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts