Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are seriously considering traveling from Ohio to Muskegon, MI to purchase a 23RS Outback RV from Bonner's Lakeshore RV (7 hour drive). After seeing the Outback, nothing else will do. Found Bonner's on the internet and checked them out through BBB. Looks good so far. Some concerns because they are $3,000 cheaper than our local dealer. How can that be? Anyone know anything about Bonner's?

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I don't know anything about the RV dealer you are asking about but a couple of years ago we looked at buying a out of state car. The main problem was with registration, taxes and smog requirements. I know the trailer won't have to meet these but the DMV may add on extra taxes? It may be worth a call to find out how much but I don't think they will come close to $3000.00. Good luck on your purchase

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Lisa,

Did you tell your local dealer about the price difference? I did just that when we purchased our 26 RS. A dealer in Colorado Springs told me that whatever the dealer in Denver wanted, subtract $1,500, and that would be the Colorado Springs price. I told the dealer in Denver, and they came down another $1,500 to get my business.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Will your local dealer still provide service when needed, if you don't buy from them, or will you be driving 7 hours to MI when service issues arise?

I believe this is the same dealer that sells alot of units on ebay. I have seen 28 BHS's sell for under 18,000, as there is usually no reserve on the auctions. The only thing stopping me is the LONG drive for pickup and service from New England.

After buying my TV out of state, and having a nightmare getting a warranty item corrected, even with GM's corporate involvment, I will stick to local dealers for awhile myself.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Lisa
My advice is to find a dealer closer to home that can match or beat the 7 hour trip price. Unless you can find a local dealer that will honor your warranty. Because a 7 hour trip for something minor, would be a pain
Good luck
Wood

·
Registered
186 Posts
action Lisa, I bought my 25RSS from Bonners last july and would do it again in a heartbeat. They were $4000 cheaper than the dealer 7 miles from me. I'll drive 5 hours for $4000 and time. My dealer called me for 3 weeks to buy but when I told him Bonner's price they quit calling. We were out of the place in about 2 hours. I told them when I was going to arrive and when we arrived it was ready to go, we did the inspection and paper work and were on are way.
Dan

·
Registered
19 Posts
We recently ordered a 23RS. We live in Michigan and are dealing with a dealer less then 10 minuites away, who we like. Before actually placing the order we were making our final searches and decisions and came across Bonners ads on the internet. Our local dealer doesn't post their prices on their web site, we had to call or go in to them, but Bonners had their prices and they were $1,300 less than our dealer. We are about 3 hours away and figured a day trip would be worth the $1,300. We decided to go into the local dealer, figured if he would even meet us half way we'd get both a better price and the convience of local service. I printed the ad pages for the 21, 23, and 26RS and took them with me. He had no problem price matching for us. Unfortunatly he didn't have the one we wanted in the color we wanted on the lot so we had to order (approx. 6 weeks wait). But since we are still getting snow it makes the waiting easier.

Renee'

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Hi Lisa,
We did business with Bonners (Adam) and I had the same concerns...I mean really...who knocks chuncks of thousands off a price an then turns out to be legit?? Well, let me tell you, the entire transaction was almost perfect. They bent over backwards for me, gave me everything I wanted and a bit more.

They even spent a great deal of time with me on the phone before my first outing going over things to look for, dewinterize procedures, and so forth. In short I can't imagine being any happier with any one else even though they were 800 miles away.

I'll stop now so this doesn't turn into a commercial for them but if you want more details, email me.

Did they do ANYTHING wrong...yeah a few minor things of no real consequence...who's perfect?

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lisa, our family picked up a 23rs from bonners 3/9 and they were wonderful. We live only about ten minutes away though. There was a problem with wires found during the walk thru, they fixed while we waited. that gave us more time to look it over inside and out and the other minor issues. were fixed as well. It toke us three hours there. they have been great on the phone answering silly question that I forgot. They even toke another units oven to make my husband happy.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Remember that if you are not going to buy from your local dealer, you may not get warranty service priority from them. Here in Denver, unless you purchased at the dealer, you are last in line for warranty service.

Randy

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is just another testimony to Bonner's. We ordered ours from them and it should be in very soon. The reason for the cost difference is that trailers are marked up a lot, (know someone who knows someone in the biz. :) Anyways, they don't do shows (those are expensive), they aren't trying to make a killing and the cost of living and business in Muskegon is incredibly low.

When we looked at a 21RS they pulled it into the garage area, set everything up and spent about an hour going through stuff with us. They were great. Would definitely recommend.

Kim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts