Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are not yet Outback owners but hope to be soon! We need advice on best dealers and prices! We have decided on 21RS model because it is the only travel trailer we have been able to find less than 22' that has queen size bed plus bunk beds plus sofa and also dining booth. It's hard to fit all that into 22' but Outback did it! Plus we like their interior decorating! Question now is what is best price we can get?? We live in Portland Oregon but are willing to drive to Seattle or Tacoma in Washington; any dealership in Oregon; any dealer in Los Angeles area or in Phoenix or Tucson area (we are going there soon to visit relatives anyway)

Best price we have been able to find in Portland is about $19,000 -- does anyone have any ideas for anything better?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Hello franhop,

That's about what we paid for ours here in the northeast. If you are a good negotiator (I'm not) you may be able to do better. The 21RS for some reason seems to sell for about the same price as the larger outback models. All the outbacks are pretty popular right now, I don't know how much a dealer will come down on price.

Does that include hitchwork and a brake controller?

We are very happy with ours. We travelled about 3000 miles this summer with ours and had a great time. Just a few minor problems which the dealer fixed. Having a good dealer that will provide good service is very important. That goes for any trailer you decide to get. We may have paid a little more for ours, but having a dealer a half hour from our house was worth something to us.

You're right about having a lot of features in a short trailer.

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, that would seem to me to be a little expensive. We got our 2004 28rss off the lot for $17,800. This was loaded. I wouldn't think that prices would be that much higher where you are as compared to the Northeast. I would advise that you shop around as one dealer in New Hampshire was asking $23,000 for the same rig we got only 100 miles away.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts