Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just a boy with a dream!
11,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a new* Outback fifth wheel model on Keystones website. This is an Outback, not a Sydney, and now makes two fivers in the Outback lineup.

Looks like a nice layout for a couple. See more here.

Happy Trails,
Doug

* At least I have not noticed it before!

·
Outbackers Contributor
928 Posts
I love that layout! Would be perfect for the DW and I. Weights and specs look good too!

·
Registered
58 Posts
we bought the 282fe in Sept. at the Hershey Pa show. We were looking for a couple of years at fifth wheels but we were still happy with our "Adirondack" TT. We got more serious about looking this year and found the Outback loved the layout on line but need to see it. Once we saw we fell in love. We took it out 2 weeks ago for the first time and it was perfect. I am very happy with our choice and can't wait for spring to get out again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me and the wife just ordered one on Friday just by the pictures. We cannot wait! Has anyone had problems with this particular model?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is the dinette u-shaped? How long is it? Is it like the u-dinette in the 10 250RS?
The dinette is u-shaped and very roomy. with storage all the way around the bench, its great for things that you dont need every day (extra blankets pillow what ever).

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well...I've got to say. The only thing that I can find to complain about on our 282FE is the fact the Vent Fan on the refrigerator emits rf interference that comes through the Jensen stereo system. Shouldn't be too impossible to find a filter to put on it.

We just got back from a three night stay in Disney's Ft. Wilderness Campground...and I'll admit --- I felt bad thinking about the tent camper's and how uncomfortable they must have been sleeping in the heat and humidity. It sure is easy getting used to camping in an Outback!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
The wife and I picked up ours on vacation a week ago. drove it home from Las Cruces,NM to Austin, TX and when we arived the tv wouldnt raise, the righthand strut for the bed was broken, and the propane leak detector has drained the battery completely. other than that we love the floorplan and are getting ready to go fulltime in this rig.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Oh well...looks like Keystone has made a few changes...not sure exactly what they'll all be yet. Looks like a wardrobe slide in the bedroom was added. We're no longer going to call it the Outback 282FE...it's going to be called the Sydney by outback 283FRE...

It's going to be interesting to see how she specs out.

We're sitting on a Limited Edition RV all of the sudden! WOW!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I realize this is an old post, but we are looking at a new 283 Sydney. It is one of two on the short list, and need encouragement on why we should go with this one. Asked the same question on the SOB forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I realize this is an old post, but we are looking at a new 283 Sydney. It is one of two on the short list, and need encouragement on why we should go with this one. Asked the same question on the SOB forum.
well its been a full year and we have enjoyed our 282fe very much. we like the newer design of the extra slide that ours doesnt have, worth the extra space. the highpoint microwave is about to fail, replaced the A/C unit in august under warranty, changed out the mattress for a memoryfoam from IKEA, turns out the Dutchman 275REX is the same exact floorplan of the Sydney 283.(my dad purchased one)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Any 282FE owners out there who have had a leaky grey tank valve?

Just wondering exactly where to cut an access in the belly wrap to best access the valve for replacement...

Thanks for any info you might have...I'm trying to avoid ripping downs the wrap, off possible.

·
Registered
267 Posts

There it is...looking aft...on either side of where the dump tube comes out. The black tank is on the left (entry door side) and the grey tank is on the right looking aft ( curb side of the camper)

Well...it's a very very tight fit. I managed to replace the 3" bladex seal in my grey tank dump valve...but I guess I strained the tank connection so it's dripping now. I ordered some plasti mend black from Amazon to repair the drip.

One thing always seems to cause another project.

I add this just in case anyone else needs to access theirs and does a search...

·
Registered
273 Posts
wife and I are moving on to the Arctic Fox 27-5l in the spring. We have shopped for a long time and this was our conclusion. Just under 30 feet. Very few negative reviews.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts