Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
We're newbies to the board. My husband and I are interested in the outback 25fb-s, but we were told that Outback's cabinets were made of MDF and if they got wet, turned to mush. Does anyone out there know what those beautiful cabinets are made out of?

Thanks for the help,
Steve and Kim action

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
The doors are Themofoil raised panel.

Thermofoil is a durable wear surface material applied to a core substrate that has a decorative profile and/or decorative insert machined onto the substrate surface before the application of the Thermofoil layer. The Thermofoil material is applied to the substrate core with the use of thermal adhesives and vacuum forming.

Thermofoil surfaces are noted for their sleek, clean, contemporary look â€" and for their durability. They are impervious to most non-abrasive household cleaning fluids. And they're especially easy to clean. Thermofoil cabinet doors resist scratches, cracks, dents, chips, stains and chemicals. Detergent and moisture resistant, they hold up to repeated cleaning without fading.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hi all, I found that interesting about the doors,see you can learn somthing new . Anyway the cabnets are, from what I have seen, made with Pine 1"x1" and covered on both sides with vinyl plywood. They are done this way to reduce weight and for added strenght. Particle board weighs a ton and will break down when wet but it does have it's place such as counter tops. In the outback's I think they only use plastic tops with seemless sinks and no wood under them. The only MDF I have seen is cosmetic and covered with the process discribed above. Hope this helps. Kirk

·
Registered
258 Posts
NDJollyMon said:
The doors are Themofoil raised panel.

Thermofoil is a durable wear surface material applied to a core substrate that has a decorative profile and/or decorative insert machined onto the substrate surface before the application of the Thermofoil layer. The Thermofoil material is applied to the substrate core with the use of thermal adhesives and vacuum forming.

Thermofoil surfaces are noted for their sleek, clean, contemporary look â€" and for their durability. They are impervious to most non-abrasive household cleaning fluids. And they're especially easy to clean. Thermofoil cabinet doors resist scratches, cracks, dents, chips, stains and chemicals. Detergent and moisture resistant, they hold up to repeated cleaning without fading.
Geez, this almost sounds like an infomercial.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
It appears Mr. Wilson just likes to stir the pot.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
A little pot stirring is ok, as long as nobodys feelings get hurt. Don't want the stew to stick to the bottom now do we

Tim

·
Registered
119 Posts
I saw only humor in it. The best humor has to have a bit of truth in it though.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
No offense taken here, a little joking deserves one right back.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I thought it was humorous myself, and interpreted Jollymons reply as a joke also. Unfortunately, that is the problem with this type of venue. It is much harder to read someone's context without the body language, and voice inflexion.

If anybody was offended by my remark, please accept my apology, as it was only ment to be "light hearted jovial firehouse banter".

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Hey...
Sometimes...I sound like an infomercial!
I also have a pretty good sense of humor, and thick skin, so don't hold back!

I also didn't know that info off the top of my head, I found it and pasted it there.
Helpful....Yes
Expert....No

Then again, if we were all experts, we wouldn't depend on this forum!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts