Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there...I purchased an 23RS back in mid March, and when I last spoke to my dealer they said it was due to roll off the production line May 11th, then get shipped up and should have been to me before the May long weekend (Canadian). Anyhow, when I went by the dealer the other day to get an update on the delivery date, they said that there were production line delays at Keystone and that my trailer would not be here until sometime in June. Can anyone verify this, or perhaps have heard the same things from their dealer, or am I sniffing a bit of a coverup finger pointing exercise from my dealer here....needless to say, I was a bit disapointed as I've been quite eager to get our trailer! I heard it takes about 6 weeks to build a trailer, so maybe they forgot to order it or something??

Thanks in advance...

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I have heard of other companies having delivery issues, so this maybe industry wide. One got nailed by a recent hail storm and had to stop production just to fix the camper that were waiting to be shipped, another was having shipping issues. The one good thing is that for a while Keystone was making the Outbacks so fast that quality control was really poor. Taking a bit of extra time is probably worth it in the long run, but not much fun when your waiting to go camping. Hang in there though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We too have been waiting for our 21rs and were told it was being shipped May 10th. We set two dates for pdi and each was canceled...no trailer. I'm a little disappointed....no, alot disappointed. No memorial campout for us. I'm begining to have my doubts, too.
Viv

·
Registered
19 Posts
We ordered our 23RS March 4th. Dealer told us probably 6 weeks, especially since I wanted a cupboard instead of the oven, we figured that would speed up the process. Once 6 weeks had come and gone we started calling the dealer to get a date, and were then give an "off line" date of May 14th, but not to worry we would have it before the long Memorial Day weekend. We wern't told of any production problems, just that they were swamped with orders and building them as fast as the could. I made him call Keystone on the 14th and was told yes it was complete and ready to ship. The next thing he told me is that all the RV manufacturers in that area use the same transport company, the transport company is now back logged about 2 weeks on their deliveries. We were not very happy, but since we arn't too far away (Michigan) the dealer sent a driver down to pick it up and we are supposed to take delivery tomorrow......hopefully!

Renee'

·
Registered
40 Posts
We will be picking our 04 26rs on May 28th. We were looking at ordering one instead of purchasing the one on the lot (long story). The dealer told us we were looking at a 12 wk. delievery if we order. We had 2 dealers tell us the same time frame.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you what one real bad come to Indiana (home of the Keystone). Our dealer has seven on their lot as of today. And they keep getting them in with no problem.

Customer First
Memphis, IN

Good Luck I sure enjoy my 2004

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts