Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Yea I know it will be hard for everyone to make it but thats ok. Kathy and I have been doing Texas Boomer Rallies for almost 2 years and can't go to all of them. As of tonight we have 236 members "WoooHooo" were on the move
and out of that 236 members I bet we could get enough to start a yearly meet of some sort. Might even lead to local member groups meeting every so often . Think about it we have plenty of time...

Edited Member Count.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Ok.
This year, we can do it in North Dakota.
How about the end of February, when the temps are closer to positive digits?

That'll be a true test to see if you have "crushed duct syndrome!"

Come on up here...I'll help clear the snow off your lawn chair!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Well, now...as appealing as North Dakota in February sounds,
Colorado in late Spring / early Summer is a good option! Look at all those little dots in Colorado on the map on www.reserveamerica.com. Also, www.coloradodirectory.com lists many more private parks.

Of our 109 members, do we have a state of residence breakdown? That would help choose a central location.

Randy

·
Registered
630 Posts
Boy if you could pull this off it would be a good time I am sure. It would be nice to meet everyone and check out their mods and changes.

We are in Indiana.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Maybe something east, midwest and west might work. I know several of us are on the east coast and could maybe set something up.

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. With approx. 110 members, I agree we could break up into three zones. Ofcourse everyone could be invited to each location. If you make all three events you receive something special(The privilege of meeting all these nice folks and there families). This is very do-able. Just wanted you'all to know my family and I plan to attend. Brian
New Jersey

camping479 How old are those two little gifts you and your wife have? Our girls are 5 and 7. The BEST!

Vern, How's Kathy Doing? I think I read a post that she wasn't feeling well your last trip out.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Brian,

The girls turned 11 in January. They're one of the main reasons we started camping, we wanted to give all of us memories for a lifetime.

Anybody interested in a get together sometime this season in the east, let's try to get something going. I'm in New Jersey also, willing to travel a bit. E-mail me or put up a post.

Mike

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Brian, Kathy is doing much better. She has very bad asthma and it can really get bad when the flu sets in but you can always tell when things will be ok, she starts messing with everyone...

Any Outbackers in the Texas area that want to get together let me know. Oh by the way there will be a Bluegrass Festival in Rio Frio/Concan area (30 miles north of Uvalde) the 13th, 14th, 15th this month if any of you Outbackers want to show up. the weather is sure looking good for that weekend. sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Mike, I look forward to meeting you and your family. My kids are super excited. All I have to do is ask them if there ready. Then they freak out! Anybody else in this region?
Vern glad to hear your wife is feeling better. Brian

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Well I'm feeling way out of civilization now, and that's hard to do in Los Angeles
My Sister and her family just bought a new 26RS yesterday, so we will be having our own Outback rally this weekend! We will be at the Wilderness Lakes CA 1000 Trails location. Come on down!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Checking in from West Virgina here! where it's a georgeous sunny 65 degrees here today woohoo
. We'd love to be able to get together too, but this year we are limited , so may have to be someplace close! We too have an 11 yr old child( boy) there great to camp with, Jerry

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Easy now Midnite...

It's 9 degrees, and snowing sideways! Winter storm going on here. The snow is at least 4 feet deep around my yard. It's usually too cold to snow! I hope this isn't a repeat of 1997!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts