Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I have been busy working on an OUTBACKERS FAQ to post on this site.
Vern is going to make a spot for it on the forum. It will be a place that we can look things up, or refer others to that is mostly 'OUTBACK SPECIFIC.'

If you have any questions, or suggestions of what you'd like to see on it, please post them here, or shoot it to me by email.

Thanks!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Great idea, I'll start thinking (watch out could be dangerous).

·
Registered
630 Posts
What's burning?

My guess is you have these on your list but just in case:

1. PDI Checklist or location of one.
2. What to buy to outfit your new TT.
3. Wheelbase to TT rule.
4. What are the different weights and how to determine them for towing.
5. Price folks are paying for their TT's. (this would hard to do but a lot of folks ask for it)
6. Repairs to lookout for (like weepholes, grey and black labels)

Some thoughts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
7. Gray/Black Water Handels Mis-Labeled
8. Winterizing/Dewinterizing Suggestions
9. Dealing with Condensation
10. How to install the 3/4x10" grade 8 bolt through the frame
11. How to greese the bearings
12. The Oven Issue

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Camper DC, I don't think anyone will let you forget that one.

13. Advantages/disadvantages of different hitch systems...keeping it objective, and factual of course, though not really Outback specific, it gets asked alot.

14. Recommeded periodic maintenance (cleaning, tightening, waxing, greasing, etc.)

Of course, there are several forums that cover a lot of this stuff already. Will this be a forum of just posts, that will be closed to all but the moderator (probably a good idea)? Or will people be able to make posts, and reply to other posts (a duplication of what already exists)?

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Also,

1) what type of hitch
2) don't forget to use lock tight on the bolt.
3) brake controllers
4) check list of stuf needed for TT

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
NDJollyMon,

Looks like you've gotten some good suggestions already. Don't really have any to add at the moment but do want to thank you for putting in the time to create this new catagory.

Good job,

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

I am trying to keep it mostly OUTBACK SPECIFIC stuff, with links to find other info.

Example:

~PDI stuff to look for: Labels wrong, leaks, etc.
~Can I sleep on the queen slide while it's inside...
~How do I manually retract the sofa slide...

Stuff like that. I only have a 25 RSS, so if anyone has any other issues/suggestions from different models, I'd like to hear them.

ANYTHING OUTBACK, or links to find the common RV questions as well.

Thanks to all!

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Hi Pete, Outback only stuff hummm. Mabey you should include T-stat operation and sensor location, Pass through drawer modification. Just a idea but maybe the catigory needs to have sub-catigories such as: dealer pick-up items ie; loose wires, water heater switch, monitor operation. I am sure there are others but can't think of any. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update...

I haven't dropped the ball on the FAQ. It's still in the works, but I have been busy lately, and don't have it finished.

Once again...if you have any ideas of what should be in the OUTBACKERS FAQ, please let me know. (I would like to keep it to things OUTBACK specific) There are plenty of other RV FAQ's out there, and I really don't want to duplicate.

THANKS!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
It's okay Pete, I understand with you being 40 now and everything.

Mike

G

·
Pete,

There's been a lot of traffic lately on electrical power supply stuff, generators, battery mods and the like. It might be a good idea to have a basic list of how much power the appliances and electric equipment draw. Most of the electrical equipment seems to be common to the different models of Outbacks. Just a thought, anything to add to the workload you know.

Gary

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe some how To's EX: The awning, Where is the valve for the outside stove, how do I work the remote on the furnace and a/c, How do I service the rubber roof since keystone says we are not to get on top of it, How do I hook up cable/ant ect

1 - 15 of 15 Posts