Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of people putting pizza stones or tiles in their ovens to help with temps. They say it prevents burning and makes the temps more constant in the oven. Does anyone use these and if so what and how do they work?? Kirk

·
Registered
366 Posts
hmmm Interesting concept.
I use pizza stones here at home making homemade pizza.
I would also be interested in hearing if anyone does this.

I have a spare stone, maybe I should try it to see

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I'll be using it next time I bake something. I burnt my cinnimon rolls last campout! I here the stones work well at distributing the heat.

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
JD: Are we going into that discussion again? Those Pampered Chef reps will want to know.......

I burnt my cinnamon rolls again too. I even lined the pan with foil like someone suggested. It didn't work.

Question: Do you always have to light the oven manually? Shouldn't the spark control work on the oven too? If so, ours doesn't

Thanks and Have a great day! sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
GM, the oven is a manual ignition though once lit it you can leave it running on the pilot flame, but I don't like leaving an open flame in my camper if I'm on using it.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No pamper chef here but I do think I will go down to the local tile store and pick-up a large tile then cut it to fit. Hey for 5 bucks it's wortha shoot. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
96 Posts
There is no other way to cook with the oven, you just need a regular floor ceremic tile, (cheap, a couple of bucks) it distributes the heat, haven't burned anything since cookin with it!!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
What size floor tile? Does the 12x12" fit?

What type tile? Most have a glazed surface. Is this what you are using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts