Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2013 250RS like many of your trailers, has extreme oxidation and discoloration of the front cap. Have any of you punted and had the front cap painted? What did it cost? How difficult was it to get new graphics? Are you happy with the results? Does anyone have picutres of the finished product to entice me into considering this repair?

·
Registered
144 Posts
My had the fading also. I had it professionally detailed and had some Ceramic Pro coating put on. So far it's been 2 years since I had it done and still looks good. I have a feeling it will eventually come down to having it repainted. The detailing with Ceramic Pro coating cost about $600.00 which is pretty cheap compared to getting it repainted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow Tourdfox that does look good! I'm gonna wait for mine to fade again to get it repainted. Hopefully better paint than the one Keystone put on it.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow Tourdfox that does look good! I'm gonna wait for mine to fade again to get it repainted. Hopefully better paint than the one Keystone put on it.
At least with mine the problem is that it isn't paint. It's a fiberglass gelcoat that reacts poorly to sunlight unless it is constantly maintained. That was something the dealer forgot to mention when we purchased the trailer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
At least with mine the problem is that it isn't paint. It's a fiberglass gelcoat that reacts poorly to sunlight unless it is constantly maintained. That was something the dealer forgot to mention when we purchased the trailer.

Mine was the same gelcoat brown also before getting it painted,. If your keeping the trailer i would paint it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is another option. Seems a little too easy to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have NO IDEA what the cost is...but I remember reading somewhere that people were having their nose cones wrapped in an automotive wrap to prevent this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Meguiar product is working great to restore the shine to my RV. I applied this product with a random orbital sander with a foam applicator and buffed it out by hand. It removed the oxidation and I followed up with Meguiars pure Rv wax and it lbs looking good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts