Outbacker RV Forum banner

Paper Towel Holder

4K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  Piper Rockelle 
#1 ·
I bought one of those simple plastic under the cabinet mount paper towel holders thinking I could actually mount it under the cabinet and so far I can't find a single place to put it.

Any suggestions or shall I just scrap it and get one that sits on the counter? I just didn't want to take up precious counter space if I could avoid it.

And now for the burning question: Where do you keep your paper towels??

Thanks

Dawn

See less See more
#2 ·
Since we have the same trailer, we have encountered the same problem.
(We also had the generic plastic hold w/o a home) We have a towel holder that sits on the counter behind the stove (when we're not cooking). It sits under the sink when we are on the road.

#3 ·
I mounted mine vertically between the cabinet doors over the sink. Works well for me.....out of the way, and don't have to bother with moving it, or it getting to close to the stove and catching on fire.
Darlene action

#5 ·
We use a vertical counter top towel holder. It looks nice, and is easy to move out of the way (or take outside) when needed.

We keep all our paper products in the storage are below one of the dinette seats. For travel, we just stick the towel holder in one of the kitchen sinks.

Happy Trails,
Doug

#6 ·
I have a silver color upright towel holder that sits on counter. When I am cooking I put it in the left corner by stove, rest of the time it's on the right corner of counter like above the drawers (not the lower counter,tv area). It's kinda heavy so stays there better and Rick and I both have access to the towels. I like being able to take as many as I want or can quickly grab the whole roll if necessary.

#9 ·
The 26RS we had had one already mounted above the sink.

In our 31RQS, we bought a brushed nickel and black countertop one. When we travel, we just put it in the sink.

Mark

#10 ·
sgalady said:
I mounted mine vertically between the cabinet doors over the sink. Works well for me.....out of the way, and don't have to bother with moving it, or it getting to close to the stove and catching on fire.
Darlene action
[snapback]124981[/snapback]​
Darlene, I had thought about that but wasn't sure about putting holes in the front of the cabinet...I'd like to see photos of yours if you get a chance. The other place I came up with was on the left side of the dinette wall, where the cabinet is, opposite the end of the sofa...I'm still pondering

#11 ·
nascarcamper said:
Mine came with one already mounted between the radio and the stove hood. It was so close to the wall the paper towels wouldn't fit on it. Gilligan!!!!!!!

[snapback]125042[/snapback]​
Isn't it funny that they would just mount something like that and not even try to make sure it works?? I noticed the same thing as I moved it around...I would think "that's a good spot" and then put the paper towel roll in the holder...NOT!

I think I'm going for a red countertop model that I saw yesterday

#12 ·
skippershe said:
sgalady said:
I mounted mine vertically between the cabinet doors over the sink. Works well for me.....out of the way, and don't have to bother with moving it, or it getting to close to the stove and catching on fire.
Darlene action
[snapback]124981[/snapback]​
Darlene, I had thought about that but wasn't sure about putting holes in the front of the cabinet...I'd like to see photos of yours if you get a chance. The other place I came up with was on the left side of the dinette wall, where the cabinet is, opposite the end of the sofa...I'm still pondering
[snapback]125055[/snapback]​
HI!
I'll make a picture of it, later, when it cools off some. It's close to 100 degrees, here, right now, and I'm not going out in the camper, just yet, if ya know what I mean!!
It looks nice, though. It's over the sink area, and is very handy.
I'll get it on here tonight.
Darlene action

#13 ·
I mounted mine under the cabinet.
I used a “J” type holder and mounted it to the outside wall with hollow wall anchors.
When I mounted it I made sure the bottom of the “J” was close to the valance.
This way as the paper towel is being dispensed and as the roll gets smaller the valance is putting a little resistance on the roll.
Also, I have never had wind or the bumping of traveling unroll the toweling.

MaeJae

#17 ·
countrygirl said:
I like the looks of the J paper towel holder...where did you find it??
[snapback]125066[/snapback]​
To tell you the truth I don't remember if it was a K-mart, Wal-Mart, or Lowes...
It may have even been the Dollar Store.
Sorry.
I was actually looking for a toilet paper holder like this for the back of the
bathroom door and found this. I thought I'd just stick 2 rolls on it.
Anyway, I found something nicer for the bahtroom, and put this one
in the kitchen.

MaeJae

#21 ·
RizFam said:

Don't know if this helps?

Tami
[snapback]125148[/snapback]​
Tami, That looks like the same holder I bought...Our kitchen set up is different than yours. Lucky you to have a wall plug! Our light is right in the middle under the cabinet and the stereo is only about 8 inches to the right...not alot of room under there to mount stuff unless we move things around

Today I picked up some 3M Command locking adhesive tabs that hold up to 3 lbs. I'm going to try to mount this on the wall on the right side of the sink...I'll let you all know how well it works.

Dawn

#22 ·
countrygirl said:
Oh yeah in a camping catalog I saw a wall mount that detaches for taking outside to the picnic table. I don't think the mega size command velcro type holders will hold a paper towel holder to the wall...it did not work for the tp holder.
[snapback]125067[/snapback]​
Dina, are these the locking plastic 3m command adhasive tabs that you're talking about? As in the ones I bought today?

#24 ·
skippershe said:
Tami, That looks like the same holder I bought...Our kitchen set up is different than yours. Lucky you to have a wall plug! Our light is right in the middle under the cabinet and the stereo is only about 8 inches to the right...not alot of room under there to mount stuff unless we move things around

Today I picked up some 3M Command locking adhesive tabs that hold up to 3 lbs. I'm going to try to mount this on the wall on the right side of the sink...I'll let you all know how well it works.

Dawn
[snapback]125195[/snapback]​
Dawn,

That is the Tear Ease PT Holder that has a spring to pull only 1 sheet at a time using 1 hand. The adhesive tape would not be strong enough to hold it up. I have seen in the gallery a photo where the PT Holder was mounted in between the cabinet doors vertically, not sure if that is what Darlene mentioned earlier?
I'll see if I can find it & if so I'll post it here.

Tami

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.