Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to the Willamette National Forest area on the McKenzie River (about 1 hour east of Eugene). We stayed at Paradise CG although there are many others in the area.

We loved it sunny

Our campsite backed up to the river, about 50-60 feet beyond our site. Sleeping to the sound of rushing water was so peaceful. It was dry camping at it's BEST

We got to see rafters as they went down the river. Truely awesome.
We had no idea what to expect, we went with no reservations and had never been to the area, I saw a photo of proxy falls so we just went...

It was a short 5-10 minutes to Proxy Falls area for great hiking through the lava flows, wild Rhodies and Dogwoods in bloom. Kids loved it, we loved it, the dog loved it.... a return trip is for sure

Also in the area are Sahalie and Koosah Falls.
Sahalie Falls and Koosah Falls are located off Highway 126. Found a few small lakes for fishing, canoeing.

We only stayed 3 days... Weather was good up until the last day then it was misty rain which increased as we were packing loading up. The usual for Oregon May...

I am thinking 5 day stay in warmer weather is in order for the next go-round

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
On man I want to go back that route this summer. We took 126 out of Eugene and then up 97 when we came back to the Tri-Cities a few weeks ago. I sure do miss that area having grown up in Eugene and spent a lot of years camping between Eugene and Crescent Lake. We stopped at a few CGs, some were pretty rough looking but still very peaceful. I noticed at least one was operated by Hoodoo Corp, seemed the water pumps were broken. I don't mind dry camping but sure is nice to have water nearby. I agree about the stay during warmer weather, that area is great when the temps drive up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paradise is ran by the HooDoo Corp. It did have potable water at a few central locations, just not at each campsite.... so in a pinch you could make it work. sunny

1 - 3 of 3 Posts