Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

We've be helped by this forum enormously in finalizing our decision to purchase the 2004 Outback 21RS and are so excited to be picking it up this Sat. We are hoping that all goes smoothly for dealer prep, but welcome any advice you all may have to offer, ie. any problems we should keep an eye out for, or questions we may forget to ask. We will be driving a couple hours to pick it up and then parking nearby overnight at my Mother's home to have a "test run" in her driveway.

sunny Cheers!
Out-Back-N
2003 Chevy Tahoe 5.3
Outback 21RS
Me and My Guys: Hub, 2 sons, and 100lb canine

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Congrats on the new Outback! I'm sure you've read the various posts here, what I did was to come up with some common issues and then really tried to make sure they were not present in our new camper. Since I've had it its been setup, I've run tank fill and drains this week, run every appliance several times and so far no problems (where is that wood to knock on?)

If you don't yet have a detailed PDI list I'll suggest Tom Bole's list over at
Doug's RV Checklist page you can also find several on RV.net as well. I've used Tom's a couple times and find it works well and its detailed enough. If you can, send a copy to your dealer, so they have a heads up and give plenty of time for a detailed walk through.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Y-Guy!
Congrats to you and your family on your new Outback! Your posts here and on RV forum have been great as we were shopping the same time. I have downloaded list but didn't think to send it ahead to dealership, good suggestion.
sunny Cheers!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Look for all the things you've heard about. Great thing that warranty...you may have to return for some minor fixes after you use it awhile. Some things you just can't find at the dealer, so look to see that everything works.

Good luck, and enjoy. Nothing like the excitement of getting a new rig!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the oven is in the unit...so they say!
I've also been trying to locate some of the shopping lists I've seen for initially outfitting a trailer and can't seem to find them. Anyone have a link to share?

Cheers! sunny

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ND!

You are good! I had just located one of your other posts re checklists to a new member and was coming back here to let you all know I'd found it!

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts