Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our Outback 28RS-S finally came in this week and we are picking it up on Saturday. I can't wait to see it. The salesmen said they changed the color from Taupe to Fawn (has anybody seen the Fawn color?). I'm going equipped with all of the info I've gathered from forums like this and my checklists as well as a camcorder. I did purchase some videos from RV Education 101 that helped quite a bit. At least now I will be familiar with all of the "stuff" they are going to show me. Any last minute advice from anyone on things to look for? We are spending Saturday night in the driveway!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congratulations on the new camper! When your having your walk-through, make sure you control the pace. If they're like most dealers, they'll want to be thorough but will fly through as much as they can in about an hour. make sure they take their time, answer your questions, give you plenty of time to take notes, video footage, etc.

Just be careful driving home, you'll have to get use to the braking distances, turning, etc. BTW, can't remember what you said you're pulling it with??

·
Registered
394 Posts
Haocamper,

Congrats on the new camper. Did it happen to show up with an oven? We picked our 28RSS up in January during the "oven shortage" and are still waiting for our dealer to order one to put in it. Knowing that new trailers are showing up with them again would be helpful.

Thanks!

Chet.

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Holly, congratulations , your family is in for a treat. These trailers are beautiful, enjoy! Test camping is a good idea before you head out. Note that the heater will be burning off residue for many heat cycles(kinda burns your eyes a little) so try to run the heat a bunch of times. We still have minor eye irritation. I'm told it will go away. Have fun and say hi to the fam. Brian

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No ours came in without an oven. The dealer said he didn't recommend putting one in afterwards. I kind of didn't think that was true, afterall it has a cooktop I don't see why we couldn't add an oven later on. Anyway, I was ticked because the sales rep didn't tell us it was coming in like that. Said they upgraded the microwave in lieu of the oven.

To all of you experienced Outbackers, could we add an oven later?

Other than that, I love the trailer and so far so good.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I can't see any reason why you can't add an oven later. I was going to add on in our old camper, knowing the gas line is already there I just can't belive its that tough to do a self install. Camping World installs them too. Best prices I found were from www.camperschoice.com though as I recall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts