Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Well, the girls are out to lunch with some friends so we took the opportunity to make some plans. We already had our reservations made for the Outer Banks in April during Easter break. Originally we were going to go to Disney, but my company hit a cash crunch at the end of the year, and being the owner with my brother, we take the hit, so somewhere less expensive was in order.

Today we made reservations for Mother's Day weekend in Shartlesville, Pa. at the campground we first started camping at. They have some nice activities and a little restaurant that we can have breakfast at on Sunday morning. I promised that the girls and I will do all of the work for the weekend so she can relax.

In the beginning of June we're going to Otter Lake in Marshall's Creek, Pa. for my birthday weekend. My parents will be out with their motorhome and they're coming too. They're coming out from Las Vegas to have a party to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary which is this week. They don't want to come out in the cold, so they will be here in May and June to celebrate their anniversary with family and friends.

We're waiting to hear back from a campground in Cape May to see if they have any openings for July 4th, he thinks they may be full already! Hopefully we'll get something. The Cape May Lewes ferry terminal has a big party and fireworks that we went to last year and it was a great time. We'd like to do that again and hit the beach.

We've got some more planning to do for a trip to Vermont, and we will make some trips in between, but at least we got started and we are all very excited to get camping again.

Anybody else making some plans?

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Our first reservations are for Spring Break the first week in April. We'll be going down to the Oregon coast, by the Dunes in Florence at Honeyman SP, then up to Newport to see the aquarium and stay at Beverly Beach SP, then we'll head home. We may opt to stay another night if we decide we don't want to rush home. Next reservations are for Mothers Day weekend along the Snake River at Hood park. Then Memorial Weekend along the Columbia River of if we change we'll "camp" at the 6 Flag theme park in Spokane. This whole time we'll have our family and a Rotary exchange student from Slovakia too, so should be fun to show him how we camp as well as the Coast and the Mountains in the Pacific Northwest.

We take off the first week school is out in June, so far we're undecided. We were going to Fly to Disney world but buying the camper changed our plans (for the better). So we're thinking of either heading up to Banff, Idaho/Montana or California. We have reservations in the Cascade Mtns at Lake Easton SP over the 4th of July weekend. Then one more week long trip in August on the Northern Oregon Coast. We'll also toss in another 3-4 weekends of USFS parks without reservations in Oregon and Washington.

Come on Spring I'm ready to camp!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
So far we only have one trip planned, and that is to the 1000 Islands region of Upstate NY and Ontario. We have reservations in Landsdowne, Ontario for mid July. If we make a purchase tomorrow at the show, I'd like to get a few weekend trips in during the late spring to work the bugs out of the rig. Maybe Scranton, PA for Steamtown NHS, or Mystic CT for the Seaport. Maybe even Sturbridge Village in MA. All with-in 3 hour drive time or less.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Four trips planned (and booked and paid for) so far. Going to Golden Gate State Park first, then to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, then two trips to Mueller State Park. On some really hot weekends, we'll probably go to Boyd Lake State park.

Any Outbackers coming to Colorado this year?

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
As my OUTBACK is under over 4 feet of snow right now, it's hard to think about camping plans. It will take well into June to melt the last of it.

I have planned some camping missions, but there is usually no need for getting reservations. Holiday weekends are the only time you really need to plan for around here. (unless you are site specific) My first outing will probably be in early May.

It's fun to hear about all your plans! Gives me something to look forward to!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts