Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I took the lugnuts off one by one and wirebrushed the wheel studs and lugnuts and wd40'd them because they were rusty already. Turned out to be only surface rust but the plastic center cover fell off. When I put it on it wasn't tight like the others (Spins). Do I need to take the wheel off and install it from the inside? BTW, it's 73 degrees and sunny today but my wife had to work at my son's drama club and I have to babysit. Oh well, we rode bikes a lot but now I'm stuck inside while my 3 year naps. I WISH I WAS CAMPING!!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
123 Posts
Bassplunker, When we picked up our 21RS on Monday one of the caps was loose so I grabbed a hold of it. It came off in my hand. It appeared to be ok so the fella there tried to reinstall it. It turns out that the rim on the cap that is supposed to be pinched between the wheel and drum was sheared off. So no rim to lock in place. The fix is to replace... with the wheel off as you stated. The dealer also gave me an extra for a spare. I believe the prep guys just try to screw them in before delivery and it may be ok most of the time but I don't think it's the proper procedure. Hope this helps! Brian

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Bass...
It's not even 73 degrees inside my house!
It is a warm 31 degrees outside though!

Time to break out the lawn chairs!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
73 degree's....I used to know what 73 degrees felt like. We here in New England are at the end of mother natures idea of a bad joke. With the last week peaking in the low 50's, we are expecting 3-6 more inches of the white stuff. And just after all the other stuff for season finished melting away too. Of course, the bright side is.....I could be in North Dakota.

Sorry Jollymon.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
It does feel good a warm 75 today and sunny light wind out of the SW, If it's any consolation it has been getting down into the 35 degree range at night. Can't wait till the 22nd camp trip.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I envy all you people who can camp year round.
Maybe I'll have to take a trip to KEY WEST, FL some winter. Just grab the OUTBACK out of hibernation and head South.

Ahhhhh. I can almost taste the Margarita's just thinking of it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Texas, huh Vern. Have you been to Carlsbad Caverns? I'd like to go some year. I haven't been since I was about 10 years old. Some caves around here (Sequoia)don't accommadate trailers. Does Carlsbad? Well, it topped out today at 87 in Orange, Calif. I even put on my swimming suit but I didn't go swimming because the pool is probably 60. It's going to be in the mid 80's all week and I thought, "Great, I've only been to the desert twice and the season's over. Then my wife said this is only a freak hot spell. Last week there was snow down to 4000 ft. so I guess she's right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts