Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Polynesian Chicken
(NDJollymon's Specialty!)

Marinate: 2-3 hours at room temp. or up to 24 hours refrigerated (I prefer the 24 hour method!)
Cook: 45 minutes.
Serves: 4

1 - 3-Lb. chicken, cut up. (I like to use chicken breasts)
¼ - cup soy sauce
¼ - cup Pineapple juice
1/3 - cup brown sugar
½ - teaspoon powdered ginger
¼ - cup vegetable oil

1. Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry; arrange pieces in a glass baking, or marinade dish. In a small bowl mix the rest of ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover dish and marinate, turning chicken occasionally. (a large storage bag works nicely for camping!)

2. Prepare a hot grill. Remove chicken and place skin-side down on an oiled grill, reserve sauce. Grill, turning once, until chicken is browned on both sides. (about 15 min per side) Brush with sauce and continue to grill, turning and basting frequently, until chicken is cooked through with no traces of pink near the bone. (about 15 min longer)

NDJollyMon's hints: I like to marinade the chicken overnight in the refrigerator. I usually add (at least a cup) extra of pineapple juice to the mix, and a little extra soy sauce as well. It doesn't have to be exact. When cooking, I usually brown the chicken on both sides and then cook it indirectly for the remaining time so it doesn't get too black. The brown sugar makes it get black pretty fast. Eating the chicken with a Jimmy Buffett CD cranked up, and an ice cold CORONA doesn't hurt either!

Enjoy!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I bet that one's a hit with the brothers at the firehouse.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts