Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I think I had shared the issue backing our Outback into the space beside our house, having the gas meter so close and only a 10' opening in the fence for an 8' camper. After one good argument my wife and I agreed that something had to change. I considered a hitch on the front of the Av, but that just didn't seem to be a good idea since I would still be blind and steering based on verbal guides only. So the solution we decided on was to purchase a power dolly. The sticker shock wasn't easy to swallow, but our choices were to store the Outback off site or to keep yelling at each other - neither were good choices. I looked into the Power Caster brand and the Power Mover which I went with, due to the features and price as well as the good reviews I was able to read. Once I called to order the unit the guy from Power Mover needed measurements and we talked about how the Outback was setup so he could recommend what type of connection to use. We went with the arm, which comes off when I hook up the truck & camper. The owner also listened to the layout and upgraded me, for free, to a larger unit. Overall using the Power Mover is easy, does take some getting used to, but it moves the camper on a dime, and ends the arguments and fear of hitting the gas meter. I can now get the camper in and out almost on my own, but for now I ask for a second set of eyes at the rear since 28' of trailer is a lot of trailer to move.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Looks like a great solution to your dilemma.
That's a pretty tight spot.

It's worth the price if it does what you need. No sense in arguments over something we're all supposed to enjoy.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Wow, that is tight!

Does that power mover come with a turf tire option?
I've got a ten foot gate to get my 26RS through?

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim the tire has good traction, on a solid grass surface I bet it could do it. You may want to speak with the owner and ask him how it would do. Other than the weight issue, I think it has the power to do it.

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Steve,

Tight spot indeed. You know, I knew these Outbacks could be towed with just about anything but that's got to be the smallest TV yet!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
borntorv said:
Steve,

Tight spot indeed. You know, I knew these Outbacks could be towed with just about anything but that's got to be the smallest TV yet!
LOL Greg I guess I could have bought a GEO Metro or Yugo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts