Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We just came from a RV show- and talked about being overwhelmed. But needless to say We narrowed our search down to the 2004 Outback 28bhs or the 28rs-s.

The pricing was 20,690 an 19,890 in order Is this good? Where can we find a good deal? I was I guess expecting 17-18k.

Are there any used Outbacks anywhere? We are in NY.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Elle

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Hello Elle:

A good deal would be $17,500 for a 2004 model trailer only and before sales tax. If your tow vehicle is not yet equipped with a hitch and brake controller, expect to pay another $600-900 for this.

If you do buy this model trailer or any other in this size range be sure to ask for the Reese dual cam weight distributing hitch and Prodigy brake controller. You will be very pleased you did.

We bought the 28BHS for our family of 4 and completely love it.

Good luck with whatever you decide

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
A good place to look for a sweet deal, Bonners Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. You can find what their prices on certain units are by going to MoreRVs.Com, and doing a search for your trailer length, year and price. This is an online classified, and I haven't seen any prices lower.

I think when last I looked, they were listing a 28BHS for somewhere in the $16K to $17K range, don't know about the 28RS-S. You might print the ad and take it to your local dealer as a bargining chip. What can you lose?

Good luck with your search.

Tim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim and Jim,

Thank you for your help. I'm sure I'll be posting more questions when we do purchase!!

Elle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts