Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a problem I saw on RV.net under Travel Trailers. Sounds like a service issue more than a manufacturing problem.

curtis114
Valencia, CA, USA

• View profile
• Add to my Buddy List
• View recent posts
• Notify me of new posts

Posted: 3/19/2004 3:40pm Reply | Quote | Print | Notify Moderator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I purchased a new Outback travel trailer on March 13th and as of today have not been able to take deliver yet. At the time of purchase we noticed a few thing that needed repair and the dealer said it would take a few days to repair these items. I went to the dealer to inspect the repairs on March 22nd and not only were the repairs not complete but they had cut a hole in the floor under the dinette seat and had removed the motor for the slide out. The shaft for the slide mechanism had broken and they were trying to weld it in place. The repair was a real hack job. In addition, in the process of the repair someone had badly damaged the Congolium flooring near the entry door. The dealer said if I would go ahead and take deliver of the trailer they would order the parts to fix the slide mechanism which would take two to three weeks, and they would work out some kind of credit for the damaged floor.
I am very unhappy with the service I have received from the dealer and do not want to take delivery of a trailer that has a damaged floor and a jury-rigged repair on the slide.
Does any one know what my rights would be for getting my down payment back and out of the sales contract?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
I saw that too. Looks like a lousy dealer.

Sometimes the guys over there like to see any problem with certain brands just so they can bash them. Doesn't matter if it was a dealer or whatever. Oh well, we know what a good trailer is

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Yeah I read that as well, really makes you wonder if some of the problems with the Outbacks are mostly with poor dealers doing incomplete inspections and repairs before they go on the sales lots. I know my dealer said most trailers need a few adjustments when they arrive.

Hope he gets his way with the dealer though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts