Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK folks, lets talk about a location in a Midwestern State like maybe around St. Louis and Kansas City. I believe it was Timeout that knew of a nice private park in that area. Lets here it folks, ideas on locations in the central part of the good Ole USA.
Once We have a list of city names I will post a pole for a vote.

Vern

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
I'm all for a place along I35 from Dallas to Oklahoma City to Kansas City.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Don't know if I'll be able to make one that far west this year. If this becomes an annual thing, we should make sure they occur in different locations every year, so that we can all have a change to go to one.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I lived in Central Missouri, namely Marshall and would love a reason to go back, but for us our trips are pretty much planned out for this summer, maybe next year though.

·
Outbackers Contributor
505 Posts
Cincinnati Ohio area about the third week in June!

Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
go to see this rally is coming along
.. i would like to add Memphis Tn to the list to vote on it has a major east- west an north -south hwy going to it ...we could have a parade for elvis....hehehe

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just wanted to bring this thread back up to the top to see if there are any Outbackers wanting a midwest rally. Last year several people said "maybe next year" so I thought it was time to think about it again.

For the northern folks, there are some nice lakeside campgrounds around Mark Twain Lakes (Missouri) on the East; or Kansas City / Omaha on the Northwest. If the southern route would be better, we could surely find a place in Branson, or one of the big lakes in that area.

Anyone game?

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,089 Posts
I am planning on passing through the St Louis and KC area the first week of May. I know this is early for many because of school but if anybody is getting together along our route we will try to join in.

Jared

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stockton Lake is a beautiful lake. Lots of crappy fishing. We have relatives close by. North of that lake is Truman Lake with some really great camping sites.Berry Bend or Talley Bend. And not far from Kansas City. Campnfan

·
Outbackers Contributor
6,025 Posts
Hey, guys,

I have family in Wichita and in Kansas City. I wouldn't mind combining a rally with y'all and seeing them along the way, too!

Mark

·
Registered
171 Posts
So.....

Do we have something cooking?

Where is everyone coming from, maybe we can pick a centrally located place. Everyone interested send a reply so we can get an idea. Also, send any potential dates...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Missouri, I Hope someone gets something going. All I need is a date and place and I am ready to go. This winter weather is driving us to have cabin fever. THe 60's weather that we had recently really brought on camping fever. Soooo, It sounds like alot of people are interested in having a rally in Missouri, we just need a place and date. We need to get it going tho, so we can make reservations.

campnfan

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,354 Posts
We have a wedding and a family reunion to attend in the St. Louis area around Memorial Day. If there's a rally in the vacinity we could include in the schedule my wife and I would certainly be there.

Regards, Glenn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Missouricamper,

Years ago, my family and I went to Hannibal for a vacation. On the way back home we we went out of our way and visited Mark Twain Lake area, I remember that we came across a town of Perry Missouri. Anyway, We found this wonderful Water Park in this general area, but I don't remember exactly what town it was in. Do you have any info on this area? It seems that this would be a nice place to have a rally. Let me know if you have any info.

Campnfan

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only place I can think of like that is the Landing:

http://www.marktwainlanding.com/

I have never been there during camping season. We drove through last March, but it looked pretty bleak. The campground looked like a drive in theater.

If we want Memorial Day, we'd better get moving pretty fast. State parks are our favorite, but full hookups are pretty rare. The Corps of Engineers campground at Mark Twain has full hookups.

The Army campground at Lake of the Ozarks is supposed to be pretty nice - they have all sorts of rental boats as well as playgrounds and such. AND, a VERY NICE outlet mall not too far away (so us 'girls' have something to do besides cook). Is anyone besides me DoD or retired military? We could probably each have a few guests...

Anyway, through out some dates - even if it is only a few of us, it would be fun to see some Outback's besides ours.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We would be interested in attending a Midwest rally or even meet up with some other outbackers for a weekend! We're in St. louis and don't have many friends that enjoy camping...they don't know what they're missing!!

Onondaga Cave State Park is newly renovated and we heard it's beautiful. We're going to check it out first weekend in May.

Keep us updated!

Ron, Tina, Meghan, Emily

1 - 19 of 19 Posts