Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Its been awhile. We just got back from Disney World this past week. We took our 21RS. Stayed at Fort Wilderness. We had a great time. If you havn't made it to Fort Wilderness campground. Its a blast. First class service and facilities.

Anyway. Here is my question. Anyone ever changed the queen size mattress that came with your camper. Ours is a little thin. I wondered if a store bought one that is thicker would work. I'm not sure about the windows and overhead room.

One other queston, Does your window blinds near the queen bed get on your nerves. We always keep kicking them during the night. I'm almost ready to remove them and try something else. Any suggestions.

Campingwhit

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Hey, glad you had a good trip,

We're thinking about going to Fort Wilderness in April. We have a reservation, we just haven't confirmed it yet. We're not sure we want to spend a week at disney when we were just there a couple of years ago or head someplace we haven't been.

We put an "egg crate" foam pad on ours. We got it at a surgical supply for about 50 bucks after I had back surgery a couple years ago. We bought a select comfort for the house and moved the egg crate pad to the trailer and it makes a big difference.

We broke one of the blinds by the bed so I went to home depot and bought a couple of pull down shades. They cut them to length for me, I think they were 20 or 30 bucks for the two. They just fit behind those little valances on the windows and do a great job blocking sunlight and are quiet

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I use an egg crate pad too. I still don't like the result, and am also looking for more comfort.

I have been hiking hte blinds up at the foot of the bed a few inches temporarily. I think I'll try the roller shades too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts