Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased and moved into a 2007, 26' Outback Kangaroo. I am living in it full time and have concerns about the stability and strength of the rear slide out. I weigh <200lbs but I noticed from the outside it angles down when fully extended.

Is this something internal to fix or would a jack and a 2x4 be an option? I am the 3rd owner and new to RVs in general. Any advice is welcome!

·
Super Moderator
2,213 Posts
I hope you have the supports like shown on my prior trailer, a 2008 21RS installed. If so, be sure you have the correct one on each side. The one for the right side should have an R stamped on the top fitting where it attaches to the trailer. It may be faint, but should be there. They are adjustable

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Keystone Outback Ultra-Lite 240URS
19 Posts
We have a 2019 240URS with rear bed slide-out and when extended it has a 1,000 lb capacity. It also tilts slightly downward when extended by design. I believe when it retracted Keystone recommends nothing on the bed heavier than the mattress.

Our slide-out mechanism is different from the one pictured above and has no support struts.

·
Super Moderator
2,213 Posts
I had an email conversation with an engineer at Keystone a few years back. The manufacturer of the power rear slide mechanism specifies a rating of 1000 lbs either in or out. The old manual rear slides have only a 50 lb weight rating when in.

Reactions: JDStremel3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, late to the party as usual. I won’t tell you about the time my rear bed dropped and was hanging down fully extended at maybe a 60* angle out the back. How it didn’t rip the back wall off is beyond me. Any-who I use an adjustable cargo bar inside when the bed is pushed in and am able to use the bed while traveling. I took a pic to show the bar, but obviously the bed is extended here. Seems to work and the rubber feet keep it in place.
Wood Rectangle Interior design Flooring Floor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts