Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
To echo the fulminator, oxygenics is the way to go. Best update I have done to my camper. Water pressure rivals my house.

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks we went with the oxygenetics but didn't buy the shut off because it came with one but rethinking that move does your shutoff keep the water warm when you turn it back on? The one that came with it doesn't brrgghh the water is cold for a bit when you hit the button back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I upgraded as well, but the pressure sucks and there's a steady stream when the button is closed, which eventually turns cold. What pressure are you guys using for the hose feed? I just have a stock non-adjustable regulator.

Sent from my pocket computer

·
Registered
69 Posts
GovGeek here is a link to the Camping World website that has a video on Valterra water regulators. This will give you an idea of what your options are. I use a regulator that is high flow and adjustable. Good Luck.

Robert

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/adjustable-water-regulator-lead-free/49511
Thanks. I saw these while shopping in a CW recently and was sticker-shocked. I guess if it'll help get my shower working better I'll have to give it a try.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So an update that may help someone else, we went on a trip last weekend got to the campsite and found that the bracket that holds the showerhead had fallen off the wall despite being put up with the double stick tape and the mounting screw which resulted in our our brand new showerhead being permanently broken, lesson learned....maybe use a little longer screw, maybe use heavy duty double stick tape and take the showerhead off and lay it on the shower floor when we travel. So urrrgghh have to buy a new showerhead this time we are going to try the Oxygenics Fury showerhead this time from CW. Anyone have and tips/tricks so we don't break this one. LOL it seems like every few trips we learn a lesson

·
Registered
69 Posts
So an update that may help someone else, we went on a trip last weekend got to the campsite and found that the bracket that holds the showerhead had fallen off the wall despite being put up with the double stick tape and the mounting screw which resulted in our our brand new showerhead being permanently broken, lesson learned....maybe use a little longer screw, maybe use heavy duty double stick tape and take the showerhead off and lay it on the shower floor when we travel. So urrrgghh have to buy a new showerhead this time we are going to try the Oxygenics Fury showerhead this time from CW. Anyone have and tips/tricks so we don't break this one. LOL it seems like every few trips we learn a lesson

When using double sided tape I always employ VHB (Very High Bond) from M3. Regarding screws into RV walls, I pre-drill and then dip the tip of the threads in Gorilla Glue before final assembly. It's also important to hand turn the screw to prevent overtightening which happens very easily. Absolutely nothing falls off the walls after this PERMANENT mounting method. You'll likely tear the wall trying to remove it, so be sure that's where you want it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
ETL is an awesome shower head! The mount swivels some so you can adjust the angle. The shower points down, unlike the original shower head, plus we can fit under it. This shower head makes a big difference in both water savings and pressure. I love that this one came with a shut off valve - older models didn't have it, and when you're dry-camping, you want to shut off the water while soaping up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts