Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not like the standard dual light fixture that is the all through out the trailer. I wanted something else over the couch and dinning table so I changed them out. I went to hardware store and purchased 2 regular light fixtures, 2 toggle switches and 2 12volt standard size light bulbs.

I took out the old fixtures and installed the new ones. They are wired hot all the time so I took the toggle switch and drilled a hole in the brass portion of the new fixture and wired the hot and neutral to it so each light could be controlled by it's own toggle switch.

I then took a 12volt RV bulb and screwed it in where a normal house bulb would go and turned on the toggle switch and now I have an upgraded fancy light over my dinning and couch area. The light fixture I purchased had 2 sockets but I only installed one light. The cost of the this upgrade....2 fixtures $19.00...2 switches $4.00 and 2 RV full size light bulbs $3.00.

This dressed the trailer up unbelievably!
I will try to get pictures of the final upgrade.

One final note...went to wal-mart and bought 2 regular house lamps with low wattage bulbs and placed them in the bedroom and the couch area. This too dressed the trailer way up!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Any idea what the amp draw is on the new bulbs? Being I like to camp w/out hooks ups at times I try to watch the draw, just curious if you know... love to see pics of the setup too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts