Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out Friday afternoon to meet up with the goofy S. Cal gang tomorrow at the annual RV.net rally. A total of 51 rigs will be in attendance and it looks to be a good time with a fun bunch!
Weather will be 75-80. ahhhhh paradise! You will find me floating in water somewhere

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Have a great time Jim. Some of our fondest camping memories were with a camping club in Northern Cal. I can't say we ever had a bad moment at one of them, and any group that winterizes with wine must be fun right? Be safe and enjoy your trip!

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Don't forget the sunscreen Jim! Seriously have a great time and report back upon your return. I'll be just sitting here at my desk looking at pictures of my Outback wishing there were more weekends then weekdays. Alas, not to worry, our time will come!!

Happy trails,

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a super time! This was our first rally and we really had a blast. Ever heard people say "where have all the decent people gone?" Well we found them, they're RVer's!

There were over 50 rigs there, and I'm sure close to 200 people. I don't think we met a single stranger
From the moment I got there 3 people came over to help me back in and get set up. Then when I realized I left my water pressure regulator at home someone loaned me one within 2 minutes. This kind of hospitality went on all weekend.

We have already planned one trip with new friends met, and also met another family who is getting us invloved in a Good Sam club for campers with children.

I'll be coming down off my camping "high" all week

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Jim I know what you mean, good folks and good times! Glad you had a great time at the Rally.

G

·

Jim,

Glad that you had a great time. I've never been to a rally, but the things that you write about seem to be more common in the RV community than elsewhere. Hope to attend a rally soon, maybe an Outback rally (hint, hint).

Happy camping

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts