Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How satisfied are you with your Outback trailer?
It's the PERFECT unit! (love it)4325.90%
Couple minor issues. (everything fixed, love it)10965.66%
Couple major issues. (fixed)74.22%
Pretty serious issues. (items fixed)00.00%
I'd like to kick quality control! (current problems, unresolved)63.61%
This thing is JUNK! (I'm going to trade it ASAP!)10.60%

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
It's no secret. Some Outbacks had major issues, some had none.
I had some rain leaks in spots, but overall, we love this trailer. Hope this current fix is the cure.

Give us a brief rundown on the issues/problems you had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to say OVERALL I like it. I have had some minor issues like others, but nothing major besides damaging rear bumper with a bike rack
. I am thinking of upgrading in a year as the kids get bigger to a quad bunk trailer, and since I have a bigger tow behicle I will get a larger trailer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
With our 28RSS the only thing that I have noticed is with the furnance on, I don't get any circulation within the cab....no air is coming out of the floor ducts. Furnance has lite off, and is blow HOT exhaust, but after about 5 mins, we still don't get any air from the vents. Yes, there is a suction from under the kitchen table so I know air is movin' into the unit. Any thoughts or advice? ....we are headed for service in October, all the dealers in Everett, WA are booked until October.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We picked minor but love it,my wife and I searched for the biggest, lightest and with bunks all over the place including the net. Our 28bhs is the best for our needs, our 2003 Expedition pulls this beauty just perfectly with our setup, thanks for the poll!!!!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
After a couple problems in the beginning, ours has been flawless since.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Navy: I would suggest maybe a "squished air duct". We had the exact same problem you described. It has something to do with when you fill the water tank, it squishes the duct. We took ours in last month and had it fixed. I know several others on this forum have had similar problems. One of them probably knows a lot more technical info to give you than me. But it's something to check out.

Have a great day! sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
360 Posts
Mine is in the shop now to have the "squished duct" repaired.

Be careful, when I mentioned this problem to the service department they indicated it should be an easy fix. They suggested they would probably roll and tie up some rags and then attach them to a rope and pull it through the duct to reopen it. I told them that I had read (here at Outbackers) of a more permanent fix and suggested they contact the factory to learn what to do.

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Couple minor fit and finish issues and a water leak from the rear slide.

Thor

·
Outbackers Contributor
6,025 Posts
Can only think of a couple of issues at the present. Owning clip that holds the leg to the top rail broke the first time I used it so the arm wants to come undone. Tied the awning pull "rope" around it and it holds. Keep using this until I can figure out what the heck that thing's called so I can order one from the dealer (the dealer is three hours away so can't just run by there to pick one up).

The only other issue was the rubber strap that holds the propane cover down. Sometime during the trip home form the dealer, one broke off short. Can't find that darn thing on the website to order, either. Will shorten the tie-downs on the other three like I found on the Forum and use bungee tie-down until get it replaced.

Another thing is the stabilizer jacks. Even with them down on a level concrete surface, there is still some bouncing when you walk across the floor. Is that normal, too?

Other than these "minor" things, I love the Outback and looking forward to using it as often as I can.

Mark

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Small leak in the sink drain when/if the grey water filled - fixed
Roof seperation between front of camper and rubber roof - fixed

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Are you referring to the piece that you squeeze to unlock? If so, that is the "travel lock".

Tim

·
Registered
37 Posts
We have only had our new 2004 28bhs since Sept 2 and we love it. We have a few small issues and only one that has us concerned is a leak in the slide when the slide is in the in position but after reading on the post here I feel with with some adjustments that this will be corrected.
Our oven is on back order. It came without an oven but after a little wheeling and dealing, I get an oven
. When it comes in then we are taking it to the dealership to get all the little odd and ends done that need to be done.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Ok it won't let me vote!! We have had one major and a few minor repair problems but once they were fixed the outback has fit our needs nicely.
The only major problem was squashed ducts, which I fixed. Several minor things like trim peices loose and kinked main water fill and broken handle on rear slide interior hold down. Over all it has been a great unit, Kirk

·
Registered
38 Posts
We purchased our Outback 25 RSS from Leo's Vacation Center in Maryland. We have used it twice and everything works. Nice trailer easy to tow!.

We have one small issue. On the drivers side front of the trailer under the outside light there is a circular crack in the gelcoat abot 8" in diameter. It looks like they installed a vent or something in the wrong place and then filled it in. Yuck! No structural issues just looks awful. The dealer said that we should bring it back after the camping season for repair because they may have it for a couple weeks.

Still love our new baby!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts