Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are folks doing to secure the dinette table while driving? We have a 2011 312BH with the freestanding dinette table. While in transit we have been using a bungy cord to secure it to the bench seat using the hole in finger hole in the bench seat top. But that wood is not very strong and we're afraid of cracking it if the bungy is too tight. Too loose and the table moves too much or flips over.

Anybody thought of a better solution?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the same trailer. What I did was I got rid of that dam table stand replaced it with 2 tubes and 4 bases. Two bases in the bottom of the table, and two bases in the floor. I purchased everything from Camping World. Works out great. Now our knees will not hit it anymore, as well as it is still easy to make a bed if necessary.

Jim

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a 312BH also. I do nothing to hold it in place. The table has always been in the same position after traveling.
X2. We just make sure that all 4 feet are on the slide carpet, and it's stayed put for us.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
We always lower ours for travel. I put a two inch piece of velcro on the underside of the table, and on the strip of wood that it sits on, on the long side of the "U". Before the velcro, we were finding that the table would try to slide away from the dinette, and I was afraid it would eventually damage the upholstered trim that was keeping it in place.

One word of warning. Be careful not to hit your head on the light fixture, while installing the velcro. I did that, then had to get a new shade!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Turn the base a quarter turn so the legs don't hit the hump in the carpet- 4 screws on the bottom. Then the legs set on each side of the hump. Or remove it and put 2 recliners in like I did- I had no use for the seating and table.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Turn the base a quarter turn so the legs don't hit the hump in the carpet- 4 screws on the bottom. Then the legs set on each side of the hump. Or remove it and put 2 recliners in like I did- I had no use for the seating and table.
Good point, I forgot to mention that I rotated the legs on mine. I don't remember having an issue before I did so, just did it for ease of getting in and out and sitting comfortably.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Good point, I forgot to mention that I rotated the legs on mine. I don't remember having an issue before I did so, just did it for ease of getting in and out and sitting comfortably.
[/quote]

I did that too. I think it makes the table a little more wobbly, but it's a lot nicer getting in and out of the dinette.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Outback terrain with the wobbly dinette table that is attached to slide floor with two posts. I asked factory about it and they were aware of issue. They had local dealer add a third pole to table that was offset from original two posts. It has really helped, still a little wobbly but not like before when a slight bump would spill everything on table. I don't think that would be an expensive fix if out of warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts