Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed the trailer 10 days ago, including the roof, and even though I have gutter extensions, I'm getting some black streaks already.

Sooooo, I think I'm gonna sell, according to the other forum, KZ's are so far superior, I won't have this problem.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Don't worry Mike...
It's just the ACID RAIN melting your OUTBACK! I guess they could have painted the sides black, but the folks down South wouldn't like it much! sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
For a minute there Mike you had me going.....you are kidding..........right?

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
LOL you had me going with the subject line!

I find the holier than though attitude of many of the KZ owners laughable. Sure the Frontiers have some good features, then again so do the Outbacks. Now with Starcraft, Gulfstream and Aero in the market it is sure to improve the campers and features even better.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
You know I washed and cleaned the Outback to this weekend, then what happens on Tuesday? We get a MAJOR dust storm, couldn't see 500' ahead of you. Then what does it do after blowing all the dust around? Yes it RAINS! And not enough rain to wash the dusk of... Nooooo, just enough to make it stick and leave black streaks all over my Outback. I am 100% positive that is was the KZ owners fault too! LOL

For those that read the other forum, have you noticed how many KZ issues have come up in the past 2 weeks? Seems that golden image of the KZ is a bit tarnish. Then again that other forum will tar and feather you unless you own a 1950 Airstream and pull it with a Sherman Tank too!

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Steve,

You're crackin' me up with the Airstream/Tank comment. I've also noticed on the "other" forum that if your TT exceeds more than 5% of your TV's GVWR you're doomed to disaster.
Why is it that when you post "over there" you gotta be wearin' armor or risk being attached? Over here it's just plain neigborly. Maybe we just all have good taste in RV's?!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmmmmmm......sherman tank and an airstream, now you've got me thinking. Have to have the wife test drive the tank before I make a decision though.

Yep, I don't post much over there any more. Agree it's much more friendly over here, must be the choice in trailer.

·
Outbackers Contributor
329 Posts
ok, you've peaked my interest... Where exactly is "over there"?

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Have to have the wife test drive the tank before I make a decision though.
Can you imagine trying to park that thing at the local grocery store?

Of course, I don't think the TV/TT color scheme would work either. OD Green, and polished aluminum?

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Ymryl said:
Where exactly is "over there"?
RV.net

Tim, sort of that age old question... Where does a Sherman Tank/Airstream Park? Anywhere it wants to!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Every sites a pull thru with a tv like that

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Some days...I'd like to have a Sherman tank during rush hour.

Yea...rush hour is bad here in North Dakota!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
NDJollyMon said:
Yea...rush hour is bad here in North Dakota!
I could probably make a smart ass remark about cows and rush hour or something like that but I'll show some restraint today

·
Registered
59 Posts
You guys had me rolling with laughter after reading your comments. Too funny!
After reading this thread I'll stay away from "over there" and stay right here where the friendly people with GREAT TASTE in RV's are. sunny

lisa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Y-Guy, Why do you bash the KZ owners? I thought you had been interested in those tt, too, but couldn't find a close enough dealer. We looked at Outbacks and Frontiers and thought both were excellent campers. Settled on the KZ because it was a better price by far here in Minnesota. I think KZ owners are thrilled that KZ is quick to handle complaints where it seems Keystone wasn't quick to do in the past. It seems that most folks on this forum are pleased with their Outbacks. Get the word out on RV.Net...send folks to this site so they can see the haapy Outback owners. I have to admit I was quite surprised to see the KZ bashing on this site!

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Tyee sorry if my comments offended you, but come on from an Outback owners perspective its kinda of humorous. We all have heard of the Outback issues, so its just rather funny now that the Frontiers have a few issues too. So sorry if you were offended.

Now back the humor of this forum...

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I could probably make a smart ass remark about cows and rush hour or something like that but I'll show some restraint today
Gee whiz Steve, are you turning over a new leaf?

Tim

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tyee, I wouldn't exactly say Y was KZ bashing. C'mon.

Well, afterall, this is Outbackers.com. A very friendly group, I might add.

You should hear what they say about FORDS!

Happy RV'ing!

Proud Outback owner.

lisa

·
Registered
279 Posts
Please forgive me here, but this is sounding a lot like the "other forum" right here. I've all but stopped posting over there because of the 'atmosphere' over there. And WHAT ABOUT FORDS?? Don't get started on THAT. Out of curiosity, what is this thing that "Y" has with this Iraqi LOSER. Had a photo of him as his avatar for a while. WHY.????? Is this guy representative of him in some way?? Was it a joke that I missed some where?? Couldn't stand looking at that, but out of common courtesy, nothing was said. Rightfully so. Now this new photo of that loser.

Come on folks. Let's not go down this path. I appologize if I'm over reacting or offended anyone, but I'd hate to have to exit this wonderful group with whom I have something in common. We don't need an "ATC" on this site. Common coutesy and respect is all it requires.
Just a couple of thoughts I had.

KellerJames

·
Outbackers Contributor
360 Posts
Ceasefire!! Most of Y-guys comments are tongue-in-check.

My dealer sold both Outback and Frontier. I had read good things about both trailers and was still undecided. It was a zero degree January day while I was standing in a Frontier on the dealer lot that I decided to buy my Outback. So I guess I can honestly say I have fond memories of my Frontier experiences.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts