Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 28rss and looking for a place to store the sewer hose. I was thinking about buying 5 inch pvc pipe and securing it to the rear bumper and keeping the sewer hose in the pve pipe. Looking for some ideas and recommendations.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
The sewer hose should fit in the rear bumper. That's where most of us keep it. I keep a 10 and a 20 footer in there.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
I agree with mike, just use the rear bumber as it is. Kirk

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
I agree, Don't add the PVC, just pull the end plug out of the bumper and stuff your hose in there. Works like a charm!

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bumper is 4in x 4in and the ears on the sewer hose will not fit in the bumper. The ears on the end of the sewer hose are a hair bigger than the bumper. I think I will try and see how the PVC pipe will mount on the real bumper.

Thank you all.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Mark,

I know what you mean about the ears. I found on mine at least that if you turn the fitting so it goes in with the ears towards the corners of the bumper, it will fit.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I saw that Camping World has a hose container that mounts to the rear bumper and is cheaper than I can make it for. I will order it and ket you all know what I think of it.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would buy some new ears if they won't fit inside the bumper. After all, the bumper is for made to carry the hose. However, I put some little rubber bolt covers over the screws that hold the chrome cover on the bumper. They were pretty sharp and I was afraid they might puncture the hose.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Does the trailer come with a sewer hose? I thought it did. How else would you be able to unload at a dumping station?

Do I have to find one of those too?

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
The hose is not standard equipment.

My dealer included a sewer hose without me asking for it, plus a 25 ft drinking water hose, extra sewer hose adapters, and an electric converter plug so I can plug my camper into my house outlet (for when we camp in the cul-de-sac)! I was surprised to get all that stuff.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
My dealer let me go on a shopping spree in their store. I got hoses, cords, sewer connection kits, cord adapters,toilet tissue, etc.

They made the mistake of trying to mess around with my trade in price after we agreed on something. I was mad enough to walk out of the deal...and they knew it.
They did a little A** kissing with the shopping spree, and I got the Equal-i-zer hitch and Prodigy controller for VERY LITTLE CASH. I guess not too many people use them around here. They had to ship it in from 5 hours away, and it was the first time they installed one. They killed half the day putting it on!

That's ok...they dislike me as much as I dislike them!

You mess with the bull...you get the horn!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,472 Posts
MaeJae,

you must be REALLY bored. 2004?

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,371 Posts
The sewer hose should fit in the rear bumper. That's where most of us keep it. I keep a 10 and a 20 footer in there.

Mike
Ditto, we keep a 10 and 20 footer in there also.

·
Administrator
18,056 Posts
Ok I will give it a try in the bumper by turning the ears.

Thanks
I have the exact model and I had to back out 2 sheet metal screws in the bumper and then the sewer hose fit, with the ears in the corner. At first it looks like it won't go....but it will...just keep messing with it.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,767 Posts
The only time my ears got stuck was when I poked my head inside the hole to see where the hose was.

[/quote]

LOL
Too funny, do you hold your breath?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts