Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Ok...I just thought of something...

Has this happened to you???

I'm camping in the OUTBACK, I'm taking a shower just before calling it a night. While taking my "NAVY shower", (no hookups) and using the on/off button on the shower hose, something (YIKES!) happens...
Each time I turn the button on (after soaping up the walls...and spinning around to clean myself!
) the water first comes out COLD and then warms back up after a few seconds.

I'm guessing...that this is normal. Has anyone figured out a solution yet?
Maybe my tiny shower just likes to see me 'try to escape' it's wrath...

So tell me....Has this happened to you???

·
Outbackers Contributor
90 Posts
Me too, I've just learned to keep the thing pointed away for a few seconds when I first turn it on. Suffering through this is something you can complain about to the wet tenters next door, as you stand under your awning in the pouring rain, sipping hot coffee. Let me know how much sympathy you get!

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
...Sure....NOW I see this post. Yesterday was my first shower in the new 23RS and I did just as you did and shut the water off to conserve while I was scrub-a-dub-dubbing....then I turned it back on and YIKES!!!! was it ever cold for a second or two!!!!!!

Don't know what causes it but odly enough, I was ready for it the next time and point that thing away from for the first second or two!! I learn quick!

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am glad I read these postings. I will keep this in mind when we goet our 21RS out. I think I won't tell the wife about it though
could be kind of interesting.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Tell your wife, it's a small trailer, you'll have nowhere to go

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
I'll have to agree on that. As much as I wouldn't want to tell the wife, even the 26RS is too small for that bit of information ommission.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Definately tell your wife, I'm sure she knows where the on/off switch is, besides these TT have a very small couch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry all I am busted. She got on here and read the posts and told me about what I had put on here. I could end up out in a tent after this

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Nothing like a computer literate wife!!

Dear Wife,

Its not his fault...he wanted to tell you but we told him not to. Please don't make him use that little hand-held shower outside

Signed,
All the other men who aren't going to tell their wives ahead of time

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Dear Mrs. wes1966,

I was the first to tell him he'd better tell you. Not telling you would not be a very nice thing to do, I would never do anything like that.

Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chivalry is NOT DEAD!
I found out (the first time) by letting my wife shower first!
I knew from the first few screams, something wasn't quite right!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Very funny Pete,

Women and children first, right?

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry that is what Kids are for to find out carzy stuff like that, I was cracking up when the daughter let out a scream and told me what happen, so then I would turn on the kitchen sink water just to make the shower go cold !!!
Mike

·
Outbackers Contributor
7,151 Posts
Hi

Great tip. I get get enough cold showers at home.

Thor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts