Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just west of South Fork, CO is a great RV resort called "Fun Valley". This is a great place with lots to do. Especially if you have kids or grandkids. Also, some good fishing on the Rio Grande. Beautiful scenery! Great campground!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Is that the same Wolf Creek Pass made famous in the CW McCall song from about 30 years ago..oh no. I've dated myself again haven't I.

Tim

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Tim it is the same Wolf Creek Pass as the one in the C.S. McCall song. I guess I am dating myself too.

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
RMayHew,

So I take it you are from Colorado? I was waiting to see another Outbacker join from Colorado. What part? We are in Castle Rock.

Our favorite place to camp (for quiet, relaxation, and view) is Mueller State Park. We hear Golden Gate is nice, too. Going there in May. And when it gets really hot in August, will have to hit Boyd Lake.

Randy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Castlerock,
We are not from Colorado, but from the Texas Panhandle. We do spend at least one month in CO every summer, as we a school teachers. We love your state and are looking at some retirement there. We spend much of our time around the southern part of the state. South Fork, Lake City, Durango, Ouray, etc. We love it all....happy camping

1 - 7 of 7 Posts