Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did anyone get the factory option Stove cover for their RV? Our Outback was to have come with every option available. I see from the Outback webpage a Stove cover is a listed option. My dealer says he's never seen one on any yet. Is that true?

I think a Stove cover would be a nice feature when the stove isn't being used.

What did your's come with?

Michael

G

·
Michael,

Ours supposedly had all the options too, but no stove-top cover. Sounds like a good idea though.

Happy camping,

Gary

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
Our dealer told us this was feature on the 2003 models. But not on the 2004 models. There were 2 things they did away with on the 2004 models: 1) was the stove cover 2) lug nut covers. She said they would trying to keep the cost down on the 2004 models. I take the cover from the sink and place on the stove for drying dishes..etc...

Have a great day!! sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,877 Posts
My 2004 28BHS did not have a stove cover but I do have lug nut covers and even a few spares. I would like the stove cover since 90% of cooking is done outside.

Are there aftermarket ones available?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Outbackers Contributor
617 Posts
That's a good thought. Maybe you could ask your dealer or write to Keystone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
We had all the options also, but no stove cover ,but we have lug nut covers, and it's a 2004. Looks like only the 5th wheels come with them.

Gary

·
Outbackers Contributor
71 Posts
We had all options also, no stove cover. I purchased one from Camping World, works great and gives more counter space. I think it should be an option.

·
Registered
64 Posts
hi ...I asked my dealer about one before we got ours 25rss '04...the dealer said they are now going with the 1 peice cook top ( instead of the 3 burners)so you could still set things on it. yes we got the lug covers but from what i understand the diffrence between the years is crome rim/ hub vs. black center and lug covers.

Im pretty sure Ive seen after market stove covers. we decided againts it because it looks like would block that little storage area behind the stove when open.

Kim

·
Registered
159 Posts
Here's my answered email from Keystone:

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Dear Mr. Wencl,

I have just reviewed your email sent Thursday, May 13, 2004. The stove cover is no longer an option on the units. One was not charged to you. You are the eyes and ears in the field so to speak. Your comments, both positive and negative are welcome as they help Keystone build more practical, reliable, and user friendly products.

Thank you for your time and input,

Keystone Owner Relations

Brandon Tom
Keystone RV Company
Owner Relations
866-425-4369

·
Outbackers Contributor
260 Posts
Michael,

Our 2004BHS also has no stove cover but does have lug nut covers. I spoke to a dealer about this a month or two ago and they told me we might be able to go directly to the manufacture (Atwood, etc.). Camping World does carry aftermarket covers that run $30-$50. We picked up one that came with a template that included our stove model so the feet under the cover sit in the center of the burners. That way it won't slide around. It also acts as a cutting board.

E-bay also has some covers for sale but I'm uncertain as to how universal they are relative to fit.

Good luck,

Greg

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I got a stove cover, and use it always...unless cooking. There isn't much in the way of counter space, and it helps.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Our dealer told it was dropped as an option on the 2004's too. Not a big deal, we picked up one at Camping World with the anti slip mat mounted on the bottom. When we cook it stands up and protects the blinds. Wasn't cheap at some $40, but since its a cutting board as well its triple purpose when needed and won't slip off during transport either.

·
Outbackers Contributor
584 Posts
I did not receive the stove top on my 2004 26RS either. When I wrote a letter to Keystone to point out a few other things, (missing blinds, black water valve handle falling off etc.
) I pointed out that there was no stove top either. I was given the explanation that some of you were given that this was a 2003 feature and not 2004. But I was also given the opportunity to buy one at cost and agreed. About a week later, when my other parts came sunny , I received the stove top but never received a bill. If it's coming from the Quality Control Department I'm guessing I may never see it
. I really like the stove top
, Counter space is at a premium. I like the camper too

·
Outbackers Contributor
845 Posts
My 2005 28BH-S also has no stove cover. I did notice a bag containing lug nut covers and a box with Sand Pads in one of the kitchen drawers.

The stove cover would be an excellent addition.

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,877 Posts
I just bought a thick plastic Rubbermaid cutting board from Sam's Club ($8) that I am going to install some plastic snap-on clamps and clip the board to the stove crate to hold it in place.

Need another trip to the Depot or Lowe's.

I need to get some pictures of the things I have completed, I am falling behind you folks..

Kevin

·
Registered
27 Posts
My '03 came with the cover , as well as the chrome lug covers. the stove cover is a standard Atwood cover, found on many other trailer brands also. most RV dealers should cary them in stock, or be able able to order them even if they aren't a Outback dealer.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts