Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
994 Posts
You do not NEED a surge protector. Some people like to have them as they offer protection against voltage spikes on the grid that could damage sensitive equipment in the trailer. Similar to how most of us have surge protectors on our computers and sensitive electronics in our home.

I have never had a surge protector on my trailer and have never had a problem. However, I am thinking of adding one next spring to be on the safe side.

So, not necessary but a level of insurance if you feel you want it.

DAN

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan,

My trailer has a 50 amp service and I found a surge protector on EBAY. It has a lifetime warrenty, (not sure what that covers) but like you I think I will get one for cheep insurance.

Take care and happy RVing.

Rick J

·
Registered
557 Posts
I just recently purchased a TRC SurgeGuard hard wired surge protector for my new Outback. I didn't have one on my previous Outback and never had an issue, but I was worried about possible surges as we were riding out thunderstorms. Guess it's worth it for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just recently purchased a TRC SurgeGuard hard wired surge protector for my new Outback. I didn't have one on my previous Outback and never had an issue, but I was worried about possible surges as we were riding out thunderstorms. Guess it's worth it for the peace of mind.
Thanks for the info. That looks like something I will look into because you never have to worry about it. It is in line and always ready.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts