Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, we were just wondering what the rest of you do in the winter to protect your Outback. My husband, who absolutely HATES
blue tarps has actually been talking about utilizing one of those silver deals to cover our new Outback 25RSS during the winter months. Does anyone else out there use something like that? We are not able to put up one of those portable garage things due to my husband's position as the Public Works Director who oversees code enforcement
because our city does not allow them. He is looking for alternatives. Thanks for any of your insight. jodi

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,452 Posts
Check under the maintenance section for winter storage. There is some info on the Aquashed covers there.

That is what I am looking at getting. The material allows moisture to escape, reducing the chance for mold or mildew to build up.

Tim

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I don't cover mine. I give it a good wash/wax, cover up the wheels with covers, and maybe the A/C on the roof. I think a tarp would be a bad idea, especially in the wind or with moisture. If I were to cover it, I'd get a breathable cover made for that purpose.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I agree with JollyMon on this one, if I invest any money I will go ahead and pay for a cover made for covering a TT. I would be worried about the wind whipping the tarp against the side of the TT.

I left mine in the elements this past winter, I am so gald I can say "this past winter", and spent 6 hours cleaning it up last week. After hearing people talk about their TT coming out from under the cover as clean as it went in, and after that 6th hour of cleaning, I was thinking that the cost of the cover was not as steep as I thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts