Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I spent over 6 hours cleaning up the Outback and getting it ready for a short trip tomorrow and for the upcoming season.

I spent $50 on streak remover, rubber roof cleaner/conditioner and awning cleaner. It turns out that the streak remover did not work as well as simple green and the awning cleaner is simple green just in a different bottle. IMO, simple green has a smell like nothing else. The awning cleaner I bought has this exact same smell. My guess is that the stuff I bought is simple green in a different bottle with the words "Awning Cleaner" written on it.

The rubber roof cleaner and conditioner worked well and I am glad I decided to clean it. The roof was real dirty and really needed a good cleaning. The brush I was using did not get in the gutters very well and I noticed they were really really dirty. The next chance I get I will get up there with a smaller brush and really clean the gutters good.

In the end, the Outback looks really good and is ready for the trip in the morning.

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
What kind of weight will that roof support. I'm 6'4" and 270 pounds.... I tend to be careful when it comes to ladders and roofs and that sort of thing!

·
Outbackers Contributor
2,018 Posts
Traveler,

Keystone does not recommend walking on your Outback roof...even crawling on it for that matter. The Springdale, Cabana, and Outback roofs are not designed to support the weight of a person.

I use a telescoping brush that attaches to a hose to wash the roof.

Randy

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Usually if you need to get on your roof they recommend a good sheet of plywood to distribute your weight. When it comes to washing I use a long handle brush.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Long handle brush and 6' step ladder to clean the roof for me too. I use simple green to clean the inside of the trailer, and a wet swiffer to clean the vinyl floor.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How about the 5vers. They have ladders going up to the roof.
I was told as long as you step on the roof supports it should be ok.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Owners manual just says OUTBACK brand trailers.

I would assume they are all built the same if they are lightweight.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Telescoping brush and a ladder is the way to go.

Dennis,
Don't go by what your dealer tells you. My dealer said it would be ok to sleep in the slider while it was in the 'in' position. After one of the ceiling support rails pulled loose, I learned that it's NOT ok. Had to make a support for under the slide. I trust my dealer, but not all their info is neccessarily correct. Be cautious.

·
Outbackers Contributor
157 Posts
Good night nurse!...If I could get a sheet of plywood up there I would be THE man!! I think I will just go with the advice here and use that overprice 10ft ladder I bought last year.

That comment about not trusting everything the dealer tells you is just about the best advice I've seen here

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts