Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Vern:

Lately the site performance seems sluggish on both my work and home computers. Both have a DSL connection and are working well. Is our growing popularity eating up our bandwidth?

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Good question. I have dsl and it is usually very quick. Occasionally the site loads very slow, maybe heavy internet use somewhere along the way? I really don't know how this all works.

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
It has been working ok here. Every now and then I do notice some slowness but it's always at peek hours of the day. More traffic will cause a decrease of bandwidth and slow the site. You also might consider what is going on between you and the forum server. Is someone doing line work? There could several things that could cause slowness. I see a Network Administrators headache there.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
It's loading normal for me. I have a cable modem at 256K, so the only slow thing here is my computer!

·
Outbackers.com Founder
794 Posts
Jim, something just dawned on me. Have you cleared your internet cache in your computers lately? If not it could cause your computer to load pages very slow and eventually affect the computers performance.

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Vern. I just checked my home machine and the temp settings allowance was set to 3546MB
Guess I never checked it since I got this new machine. I moved it down to 5MB and did a dump. We'll see.

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
I've been running the new Mozilla Firefox, formerly Firebird, and the site is very quick to load on here. I also run Windows Washer to dump temp files and cache every few days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts