Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow the family and I are heading for Cancun Mexico
For a week I'll be "wasting away again in margaritaville". Oh, who am I kidding. I'll be chasing the little ones around on the beach

Don't worry about me though. I manage to pick up an adult beverage while sitting in the pool sometime

See y'all in a week. sunny

·
Outbackers Contributor
1,207 Posts
Have fun in Mexico. Just one quick question how much does it cost to have the 28bhs flown down there or do they tow it behind the jet??

·
Outbackers Contributor
5,038 Posts
Have a good time chasing the kids, they'll remember that for years and years to come... and that's really what its all about!

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
I thought CANCUN was really all about vomiting off the 3 floor balcony onto a crowd watching a wet t-shirt contest!

I sailed by CANCUN in December when leaving COZUMEL, MEXICO, an island right off the YUCATAN PENINSULA. The lights were fuzzy, but it was because I got smashed at SENOR FROGS, and CARLOS & CHARLIES! Talk about WILD!

I love the Caribbean! Enjoy yourself!

Speaking of wasting away in Margaritaville...

T-minus 11 days and a wake up to JIMMY BUFFETT in concert! sunny
sunny

·
Registered
266 Posts
I love Cancun...been there 3 times. Found out the hard way though.....don't drink any water but bottled. Even at the resorts with supposedly purified water systems.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
The only water I drank in Mexico, was when diving the Santa Rosa Wall. I had a little sneezing episode at 98 feet, and swallowed just a bit!

The only other thing I drank in MX, was lots of Cervasa!

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello All:

Just got back last night and had a great time. We stayed at a nice all inclusive resort that had lots of entertainment, 4 great pools, swin-up bar of course "uno mas Pina' Colada por favor!".

Yes you are definately right about not drinking the water despite the people who told us it is purified to "western standards". I had full blown food/water poisoning and lost the Monday of our vacation in bed. Then both my two young daughters (4&2) got sick. Fortunately it passed for all of us in 1 day and life went on.

The most interesting thing we did was visit the Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza. What a priveledge it was to stand atop an ancient pyramid and imagine how life was for these people such a long time ago.

Anyway, visiting other countries always makes me thankfull that I live in the greatest country on earth. God Bless the USA. It's good to be home.

·
Outbackers Contributor
4,740 Posts
Maybe it was all the Pina Coladas that got you sick!

Glad you got over it in time to have a good time. I love Mexi-rribean!
I haven't made it to the ruins yet, but maybe next time.

PS...your last statement says it all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts