Outbacker RV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2000Merc. Mountaineer 5.0, V8 with a "sticker" in the door saying 5540 lbs GVWR (or whatever those letters are)......... Can we tow a 21rs?
We have the "tow package".....

Also, has anyone compared outback to KZ Frontier before chosing the Outback? Why did you decide on Outback over KZ? we are hashing out between the 2....

·
Outbackers Contributor
3,580 Posts
Hello wewannacamp,

If you check out this topic, http://www.outbackers.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101 ,I tried to put together a quick summary how to figure out if you will be within your weight ratings. I'm no expert by any means, I'm just passing on what I've experienced. If you look in your vehicle manual, it will probably give you maximum frontal area for a trailer as well as gcw numbers depending on what drivetrain you have. Your dealer may be able to give you an idea on the curb weight of your truck.

You will definitely want to get some type of sway control and use a weight distributing hitch.

I haven't seen a KZ but hear very good things about them. I would say do your research and pick the trailer that fits your requirements and can be towed safely by your vehicle.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts